Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Rating 0
entry Apr 14 2008, 12:54 PM
Well I'm back to work and certainly things feel a lot better. The sudden spasms of pain which result in much swearing and body contortions causing people to look at me strangely have all but gone away (usual touch wood motion here). I've been left with a feeling as if somebody is standing behind me and pushing their finger into my back hard (oh and it hurts if I sneeze)

It's looking like some interest is building for a Swinley ride on Sunday, so i'm going to keep an eye on my back till then and make a decision just before. I'll probably try and squeeze a test ride in on Wednesday or Friday evening just to see if all is in working order. If I can't make full use of the bike 'cockpit' then it's not going to be worth me going. And I am going to be seriously gutted if I can't make it. angry.gif

My period of sitting around the house over the weekend has made me consider what MTB related things I want to try and get sorted this year. The list so far.....
  • Buy a new pair of gloves before next winter.
  • Buy some new riding shorts before mine completely fall to pieces (it appears my thighs rub off the saddle a hell of a lot!)
  • Make good use of my Swinley annual pass.
  • Arrange a Forum ride in May/June in the Surrey Hills (Holmbury and Pitch).
  • Try to get to South Wales (i'd love to say the Lake District but it appears the SWMBO (generally non-mtb'ing, there's another story here for another day) was none to pleased with the rain last year, so wants to take a raincheck, so to speak, this year)
  • Work harder on my basic skills.
  • Try some more riding on the South Downs (did a bit last year from the Rough Ride Guide and loved it)
  • Start riding clipless pedals.
  • Think some more about doing the Pass'Portes du Soleil.

Right, I better get back to work......

« Next Oldest · Marcliam's Blog · Next Newest »

Comments

post Apr 15 2008, 09:45 PM
Comment #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 561

"Make good use of my Swinley annual pass."
Yay!!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Dr Bike takes no responsibility for damaged limbs or failed relationships as the result of his advice.

Make something idiot proof, and someone somewhere will make a better idiot.
Go to the top of the page

« Next Oldest · Marcliam's Blog · Next Newest »

SMTWTFS

My Picture