Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Rating 0
entry Jun 2 2008, 11:50 AM
A short and sweet entry today. I managed to haul myself out of bed reasonably early yesterday and was on the bike at Holmbury Hill by 8am. Basically repeated the soggy ride of last weekend with a bit of extra exploration around Winterfold (some nice if short sections of singletrackish stuff here) and running the trail 'I Should Coco' pretty much to the bottom before slogging back up Holmbury to do Barry Knows Best. It was slightly drier than I expected although still not the dry dusty trails that it should be at this time of year. This ride had a whole lot more flow than last week's 'swim'.

Only downside was a puncture which seemed to take me an age to change the inner tube on and get it pumped up. Those dam presta valves are giving me the right ar$e and i'm sure there is something wrong with the pump I have because it just doesn't seem to pump that quickly. I've gone from rarely getting punctures to several in recent weeks. This could be either; the fact that i'm running a much lower pressure than previously (not that I can tell because the gauge is kaput on my pump), i'm using cheap and nasty inner-tubes or there is a small pigmy like person running around in front of me placing puncture causing items in my path. I've been thinking more and more at looking into tubeless at some point soon.

By the time I got back to the car-park I was pleased that I'd headed out early because all the Hurtwood car-parks were rammed solid, mostly with cars with bike racks on and Peaslake village had bikers lying and sitting everywhere as they took in some mid-ride sustinance and rest. Aside from just getting parked it also meant I avoided some of the more 'professional' looking riders around the place!!

« Next Oldest · Marcliam's Blog · Next Newest »

SMTWTFS

My Picture