Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Rating 0
entry Jun 28 2008, 02:59 PM
First entry in the blog.

After owning the bike for 4 and an half weeks and just doing a few very short rides, I plucked up the courage and booked myself a place on the short route of an organised ride in Dorking.

Not really knowing what I'd let myself in for, I started off down the route. It wasn't long until I reached a steep incline and had to get off and push my bike up, I think I walked up every single hill, and even took rest stops half way up!!! I got cramp whenever I stopped pedaling and put my foot down. The fun parts were going downhill. I even found an ice cream van and had ice cream. stupidlyhappy.gif

I'm happy I completed the 16 mile route without much pain and really enjoyed the day out. I just need to get fitter, I might even start planning for next year to do the MTB marathon I saw in a mountain bike magazine!

Ice cream with my bike

Riding with ice cream ends with disaster

« Next Oldest · Carnage's Blog · Next Newest »

Comments

post Jun 28 2008, 05:27 PM
Comment #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 561

What bike have you got? Just interested as certain bike designs are better for going uphill than others.

Sadly the only way to get fitter is to get there and ride sad.gif

--------------------
Dr Bike takes no responsibility for damaged limbs or failed relationships as the result of his advice.

Make something idiot proof, and someone somewhere will make a better idiot.
Go to the top of the page
post Jun 28 2008, 09:09 PM
Comment #2

Member No.: 2,842

QUOTE(DrBike @ Jun 28 2008, 06:27 PM)
What bike have you got? Just interested as certain bike designs are better for going uphill than others.

Sadly the only way to get fitter is to get there and ride sad.gif

A Hardrock Sport.

I know it's quite heavy, but that doesn't excuse the fact I couldn't even get up the first incline.

I'll see if I can edit the entry to add a couple of photos.

--------------------
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable" - JFK

"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed" - Gandhi
post Jul 2 2008, 12:28 PM
Comment #3

Member No.: 954

Whether you walked up hills or not, fair play to you for getting 16 miles under your belt. If I had been able to do that 4 weeks after getting my mtb I would have been well pleased with myself.

Where-abouts did your ride take you, Leith Hill, Holmbury Hill, Pitch Hill or up Ranmore way?

--------------------
WD40 is for spraying onto things that you think you should be performing some kind of maintenance on but have no clue where to start or what to do.
post Jul 11 2008, 01:26 PM
Comment #4

Member No.: 2,418

"broken ice cream piccie" aaahhahaha - thats funny but also so sad at the same time. ohmy.gif huh.gif

--------------------
[Team Specialized]

5amarius TV
post Aug 9 2008, 10:54 PM
Comment #5

Member No.: 2,842

QUOTE(marcliam @ Jul 2 2008, 01:28 PM)
Whether you walked up hills or not, fair play to you for getting 16 miles under your belt. If I had been able to do that 4 weeks after getting my mtb I would have been well pleased with myself.

Where-abouts did your ride take you, Leith Hill, Holmbury Hill, Pitch Hill or up Ranmore way?

Leith Hill. It was a lap around Westcott, down to Coldharbour and up to Ranmore Common.

--------------------
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable" - JFK

"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed" - Gandhi
post Aug 19 2008, 07:12 PM
Comment #6

Member No.: 561

QUOTE(addict @ Jul 11 2008, 02:26 PM)
"broken ice cream piccie" aaahhahaha - thats funny but also so sad at the same time. ohmy.gif huh.gif

Lesson #1 - Ice creams are definitely better off consumed whilst stationary.

--------------------
Dr Bike takes no responsibility for damaged limbs or failed relationships as the result of his advice.

Make something idiot proof, and someone somewhere will make a better idiot.

« Next Oldest · Carnage's Blog · Next Newest »

SMTWTFS

My Picture

Random Album Image
tn_gallery_2842_312_164001.jpg