Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Rating 0
entry Jul 13 2009, 01:39 PM
And what a difference they make!!

Went for first "test" ride yesterday just round the malverns and they have completely changed the feel of the bike from something of a bone shaker to one the just glides over all the trails!! its ace and gives me so much more confidence to fly down the hills now!!

Out of interest weighed the suntour forks and they came in at a whopping 5lb 6oz - which was 6oz more than the Pikes Alex took of one of his other bikes. My new Magura's weigh just over 2lb less!!

Few pictures and details of the completed changes.....

Suntour xcm 100m travel pants forks replaced with Magura Laurin 130mm
Hayes mx4 Mechnical discs replaced with Hayes Nines
Shimano alivio combination 8 speed shifters replaced with Sram Attacks 9 speed
8speed shimano cassette and chain replaced with 9 speed Sram PG980 and chain
Hope skewers, seat post clamp and spacers all in gunsmoke.

Work just about completed

And ready for first ride!!

Now on the look out for new seatpost and stem, can't decide if I should stick with a black stem or go for white??!
Also on the longer term looking for a new wheel set - those ones are just so damn heavy!!

« Next Oldest · Sandra's Blog · Next Newest »

Comments

post Jul 13 2009, 02:39 PM
Comment #1

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2,225

Hey that's looking real nice now! smile.gif

I bet them forks don't half make a world of difference!
Go to the top of the page
post Jul 13 2009, 04:17 PM
Comment #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,049

Thanks, I'm rather proud of her now - actually starting to look like a proper mt-bike!!

I even managed to do most of the fork fitting myself, all except the cutting of the stem and wacking the star nut in - it was much more straight forward than I thought it would be!!

Have fitted the hope spaces today and they like real pretty!! rolleyes.gif
post Jul 13 2009, 05:12 PM
Comment #3

we were out on the hills yesterday, shame we didn't bump into you!
post Jul 13 2009, 09:48 PM
Comment #4

Headed out towards british camp to start with but then somebody decided she'd like to go up the beacon cause she hadn't for a while rolleyes.gif

Still first time I've made it to the top from the wyche and only stopped the once! From the beacon we went down the grassy switch backs to saint anns and then along happy valley and then to the car park by back on track - first time I'd been down there was much fun biggrin.gif

We were up on the top of the beacon at about 3ish, perhaps abit before.
post Jul 14 2009, 06:20 PM
Comment #5

Member No.: 2,441

Fantastic the bike really looks the part and I think the Magura forks are a superb upgrade . worship.gif

--------------------
www.flickr.com/photos/trek8900/
post Jul 14 2009, 07:58 PM
Comment #6

QUOTE(Sandra @ Jul 13 2009, 10:48 PM)
Headed out towards british camp to start with but then somebody decided she'd like to go up the beacon cause she hadn't for a while rolleyes.gif

Still first time I've made it to the top from the wyche and only stopped the once! From the beacon we went down the grassy switch backs to saint anns and then along happy valley and then to the car park by back on track - first time I'd been down there was much fun biggrin.gif

We were up on the top of the beacon at about 3ish, perhaps abit before.

We must have just missed you as we were back in the vicinity of the Beacon by then!

Tis a hard climb from the Wyche - which way up do you go? I usually head up the easy tarmac/hard surfaced path to the top as I'm just not a fan of technical climbing. Far too lazy!
post Jul 14 2009, 08:07 PM
Comment #7

QUOTE(littlegirlbunny @ Jul 14 2009, 08:58 PM)
We must have just missed you as we were back in the vicinity of the Beacon by then!

Tis a hard climb from the Wyche - which way up do you go? I usually head up the easy tarmac/hard surfaced path to the top as I'm just not a fan of technical climbing. Far too lazy!

Yeah took the tarmac path rather than the other trail - that's much more fun to come down!!

Took the right hand path round the west side to get to the top and then stupidly followed Alex along a little sheep track right at the very end which nearly resulted in a comedy off as the grass was so long I couldn't see were the trail went and lost the front wheel in a hole resulting in an abrupt stop whilst Alex stood at the top looking down on me and laughing!! rolleyes.gif

Stephen - thanks I'm loving them too !!

« Next Oldest · Sandra's Blog · Next Newest »

SMTWTFS

My Gallery Albums

My Picture

Random Album Image
tn_gallery_3049_316_22993.jpg