Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> joes no flats tubeless kit, seating problems sorted
vipergoat
post Jul 20 2009, 12:02 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Hi all

had a lot of trouble getting my highrollers to seat with my no flats conversion kit.Tyres were too slack on the rim even with compressor it was pissing air.So built up the space in the spoke channel (Front used cut down handlebar tape and rear used a ring cut off of 20" inner tube that I had to do getto method ) then put a ring of tape over them .Made the tyre harder to get on but still possible with plastic levers.Used a track pump to inflate and seal no bother.

they have stayed up no loss of pressure
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gareth
post Jul 20 2009, 05:58 PM
Post #2

Group: Root Admin

The fix we recommend on here is to add a layer of foam tape under a double wrap of insulating tape. It's lightweight, easy to apply and lasts through a few tyre changes. Good to hear your tyre is a proper fit now it's getting the fit right that makes all the difference. cool.gif

--------------------
Get proper instruction www.mountainbikeinstruction.co.uk

+Quote Post
vipergoat
post Jul 21 2009, 11:47 AM
Post #3

Group: Members

QUOTE(Gareth @ Jul 20 2009, 06:58 PM) *
The fix we recommend on here is to add a layer of foam tape under a double wrap of insulating tape. It's lightweight, easy to apply and lasts through a few tyre changes. Good to hear your tyre is a proper fit now it's getting the fit right that makes all the difference. cool.gif

Yeh I tried the foam but ended up with the different stuff I used cos different rims etc.. and getting it just right was a nightmare but a wee bit of patience and a lot of swearing and voila.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2017 - 09:42 PM
Design by: IPB 2.3 Skins & Web Browsers News