Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> suggested routes around Sidcup, kent
jez
post Apr 24 2010, 07:44 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Hi guys,

want to take my brother out mountain biking but he lives in Sidcup and I don't know the area.

Anyone have any suggestions of places to go? Have a car so transport not a problem.

thanks for any help

Jez.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
torihada
post Apr 26 2010, 05:01 PM
Post #2

QUOTE(jez @ Apr 24 2010, 08:44 PM) *
Hi guys,

want to take my brother out mountain biking but he lives in Sidcup and I don't know the area.

Anyone have any suggestions of places to go? Have a car so transport not a problem.

thanks for any help

Jez.

Here's a good start: Big Foot Bike club

Based in Hayes, Kent (nr Bromley) there's a lively MTB section, with night rides the most regular rides. They have beginners rides and its where I started.

Other places: Try Bedgebury MTB trails at Bedgebury Pinetum in Kent (Red graded XC trails - which technically are just blues). South & North Downs also have plenty of riding on the Bridle Ways (again Big Foot rides a lot of the North Downs and there are regular Sunday early (before 7 am) rides.

Also google Leith Hill and MTB (the Surrey Hills). Lots of trails there, XC to extreme freeride. Trails not marked and you'd have to join up with someone like Nirvana Cycles to find them.

Here's some XC riding in Kent (very close to Croydon in fact) with fellow BFB members:
Kent

Here's some footage from Leith Hill

--------------------
There do appear to be some hills south of the Trent...
http://www.youtube.com/butahada

+Quote Post
jez
post Apr 26 2010, 06:09 PM
Post #3

Wow, thanks for all the info.

Jez.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic