great post .. well worth a read

Recovery and Dealing with Injury
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
deadkenny
post Apr 12 2016, 04:30 PM
Post #2

Group: Members

Gah! That pic of hospital food. That was the worst bit of my stay in hospital. Everything was just so bland. Ended up just always eating soup and adding loads of pepper to it.

Recovery is all about listening to the doctors & physios but also to your body. Bit of common sense. I've got back on the bike for some very gentle riding before being fully signed off. I have to otherwise I'm going stir crazy. I tend to do a lot of walking though if I can't ride (assuming legs are okay).

With mountain biking comes many hospital trips though and you get to just deal with injuries and the A&E experience.

p.s. my recommendations...

Frimley Park - excellent service (though food rubbish). Not sure about the A&E time, I don't remember! Fracture clinic quite efficient.
Merthyr Prince Charles - relatively quick, experienced with visitors from BPW, friendly staff
St Peter's (Chertsey/Woking) - terrible. Very long wait times in A&E, long time to get fracture clinic appointments and huge wait times there also, understaffed
Ashford - only used for physio. Was okay. Not busy.
Woking Community Hospital / Walk in Centre - recommended for less emergency issues, quicker than going to St Peter's. Can even see to minor breaks as they have x-ray. Can't do a cast but can refer to fracture clinic. They also have physio.

biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DrBike
post Apr 20 2016, 08:57 AM
Post #3

Group: Members

QUOTE(deadkenny @ Apr 12 2016, 05:30 PM) *
St Peter's (Chertsey/Woking) - terrible. Very long wait times in A&E, long time to get fracture clinic appointments and huge wait times there also, understaffed

Couldn't agree more. Went to the fracture clinic a couple of times (probably for cracked fingers) and wait times were awful.
Also our first child was born there and for the 2nd one my wife asked to have it at West Middlesex as she didn't want to go back to St Peters.
QUOTE(deadkenny @ Apr 12 2016, 05:30 PM) *
Ashford - only used for physio. Was okay. Not busy.

I used to live less than a mile from Ashford Hospital. I found the walk in centre was a bit hit and miss, x-ray was reasonably efficient.

--------------------
Dr Bike takes no responsibility for damaged limbs or failed relationships as the result of his advice.

Make something idiot proof, and someone somewhere will make a better idiot.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2017 - 08:12 AM
Design by: IPB 2.3 Skins & Web Browsers News