IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hi from Barnsley South Yorkshire
MTB-Ben
post Mar 5 2015, 06:46 AM
Post #1

Group: Members

Hi guys i just thought i would pop up and say hello, i have just recently bought a brand new bike after years not riding i have purchased a Whistle Miwok 1485V for the bargain price of 199 and i must say for the money i know its not a lot of money but i definatly got a beauty bike with what i paid i cannot fault it one bit.

anyway i live in barnsley south yorkshire in a little village called Darfield and was wondering if anybody knows of any good trails to go on, i do know of a few that are already out there but there not out of this world runs lol there pretty boring to be honest and am looking to explore new places. any information or ideas would be appreciated.

happy riding guys

here is a pic of my new bike .......

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
covecrazee
post Mar 6 2015, 04:46 PM
Post #2

QUOTE(MTB-Ben @ Mar 5 2015, 06:46 AM) *
Hi guys i just thought i would pop up and say hello, i have just recently bought a brand new bike after years not riding i have purchased a Whistle Miwok 1485V for the bargain price of 199 and i must say for the money i know its not a lot of money but i definatly got a beauty bike with what i paid i cannot fault it one bit.

anyway i live in barnsley south yorkshire in a little village called Darfield and was wondering if anybody knows of any good trails to go on, i do know of a few that are already out there but there not out of this world runs lol there pretty boring to be honest and am looking to explore new places. any information or ideas would be appreciated.

happy riding guys

here is a pic of my new bike and a couple of pics of of the last 2 days of riding of which i covered roughly 40 mile which i dont think isnt bad after not riding a bike for 10 year lol .......

Welcome.
Move to North Yorkshire smile.gif
The Whistle will do you fine on long muddy trails and chucking about Woodlands.
Don't try downhill or off piste trails though,as the jumps and rocky descents will shake it to bits.
Good to see someone interested in MTB'ing for the first time,and no doubt you will upgrade to something that will take on everything.
We all started somewhere biggrin.gif
BTW,your pictures are not visible

--------------------
25 Years and still ripping the trails on my Dartmoor Hornet

+Quote Post
MTB-Ben
post Mar 7 2015, 07:59 AM
Post #3

first thing i did when i got the bike was strip it down to bare bollocks and PTFE everything and copper slip all the nuts / bolts / alan bolts etc..... this bike is solid as a rock lol doubt there any danger of it falling to bits.

eventually im just going to upgrade this bike i think or might consider getting a boardman or something along those lines

+Quote Post
covecrazee
post Mar 8 2015, 10:28 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(MTB-Ben @ Mar 7 2015, 07:59 AM) *
first thing i did when i got the bike was strip it down to bare bollocks and PTFE everything and copper slip all the nuts / bolts / alan bolts etc..... this bike is solid as a rock lol doubt there any danger of it falling to bits.

eventually im just going to upgrade this bike i think or might consider getting a boardman or something along those lines

Don't get a Boardman !!!!
Or any brand associated with Hellfrauds.
If you go down that dark dark road,don't get them to build it.

Remember,your Whistle is still a budget build,so don't overdo it.
Not trying to be negative BTW

--------------------
25 Years and still ripping the trails on my Dartmoor Hornet

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2017 - 04:29 PM
Design by: IPB 2.3 Skins & Web Browsers News