9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Western Park Jumps, Old dog learns new trick
littlegirlbunny
post May 11 2011, 08:19 AM
Post #161

Group: Administrators

I wish I was still as close Tom!

You may want to speak to Johnstuff if you can get hold of him - I'm sure he'll like a jump partner for the summer smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gareth
post May 11 2011, 04:26 PM
Post #162

Group: Root Admin

It certainly is Western Park season but for me it's also broken season! See you in maybe 6 weeks. wink.gif

--------------------
Get proper instruction www.mountainbikeinstruction.co.uk

+Quote Post
_tom_
post Mar 27 2012, 05:28 PM
Post #163

Group: Members

Went back to Western Park for the first time in absolutely ages today, it hasn't changed much! The jumps seem quite small now though and I'm not having any problems with them any more smile.gif Put my hardtail back together and it feels great to be riding one again after a week on the full sus. Looks like there are some new doubles being started and the fence line has been built up so the jumps give you more of a kick up - didn't fancy those today though. Starting to look at that step down at the back as well, it actually looks quite easy and I probably just need to give it a go on the full sus before committing on the ht biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
_tom_
post Jun 9 2012, 01:52 PM
Post #164

Another ride report from Western Park, went this morning on my bmx and it was awesome! All the jumps are much easier without any suspension or draggy tyres holding you back biggrin.gif Definitely got over my fear of "proper" dirt jumps and no longer seem to need the comfort blanket of suspension or bigger wheels stupidlyhappy.gif

There's some new stuff being built, looking really fun but the new bits are all too soft to ride at the minute without trashing the builders hard work. Definitely up for some evening sessions this summer if anyone else is.

+Quote Post
Mad Pierre
post Jun 11 2012, 07:47 AM
Post #165

I now work about a mile away so will be up for some when it's summer. Let me know which day summer is this year someone.... wink.gif

Been meaning to nip down for a walk round at lunch or after work, just to check it out as I've not been for years - pre-fence line days in fact. Just not had time sad.gif

--------------------
Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

My corner of the interweb: www.mountainbikerides.co.uk

+Quote Post
_tom_
post Jun 20 2012, 09:45 AM
Post #166

The fence line has been built up a bit, the last jump has a much steeper take off now. The main set is still my favourite, but there's a new line that goes off to the right that's going to be fun when they finish it smile.gif

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9
Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 11:44 PM
Design by: IPB 2.3 Skins & Web Browsers News