19 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> tunnel hill
ParkerMan
post Jul 9 2010, 01:01 PM
Post #21

Group: Members

QUOTE(Warren @ Jul 9 2010, 08:39 AM) *
Morning all. Would you mind if i tagged along for the ride and maybe followed by a few friends no more than 4 at the moment??

Hope this is OK

Works for me. Could be upto 14 of us if no-one bails last minute, which is probably about just right for whats planned.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Vespa1871
post Jul 9 2010, 03:22 PM
Post #22

QUOTE(ParkerMan @ Jul 9 2010, 02:01 PM) *
Works for me. Could be upto 14 of us if no-one bails last minute, which is probably about just right for whats planned.

What's planned think.gif

+Quote Post
ParkerMan
post Jul 9 2010, 03:53 PM
Post #23

QUOTE(Vespa1871 @ Jul 9 2010, 04:22 PM) *
What's planned think.gif

A few drops rolleyes.gif some glorious single track stupidlyhappy.gif one or two corksrews Party_fest30.gif some pretty nice downhill sections biggrin.gif some short climbs clap.gif with a couple of long big climbs whistling.gif and a bomb hole of three agree.gif with a cafe or pub stop at the end for those that have the time beer.gif

+Quote Post
SinfulHedgehog
post Jul 9 2010, 04:24 PM
Post #24

If I've got the energy and I don't have a late night on Saturday, I could be up for this, although I'm slightly concerned that I'll be lagging at the back and holding people up. I rode some of those boardwalks with Kerr a while back but bottled a few more, so I daresay I'd be walking most of them. If I'd be more of a pain than anything, being not that great a rider and all that, then frankly I'd prefer to explore on my own sometime and make a judgement on my abilities before embarking on a forum ride led by people whose abilities and patience levels I know nothing of. So be honest... I won't be offended.

--------------------
WARNING: May contain traces of absolute bo11ocks.

+Quote Post
ParkerMan
post Jul 9 2010, 05:46 PM
Post #25

QUOTE(SinfulHedgehog @ Jul 9 2010, 05:24 PM) *
I rode some of those boardwalks with Kerr a while back but bottled a few more, so I daresay I'd be walking most of them.

I'm not sure many have riden across these first time around - they are a little on the daunting side. Most of the tricky stuff at TH, bombs, drops etc have chicken runs beside them anyway so you dont have to do them - there certainly be no pressure to.

The large group size is going to dictate the speed we all go, so its not going to be the fastest of rides, and the weather is going to put a stop to any silly fast speeds anyway.

If you decide not to, I'd be more than happy to show you around one evening as I am up there an awful lot (probably too much).

May see you Sunday.

+Quote Post
SinfulHedgehog
post Jul 9 2010, 07:38 PM
Post #26

QUOTE(ParkerMan @ Jul 9 2010, 06:46 PM) *
I'm not sure many have riden across these first time around - they are a little on the daunting side. Most of the tricky stuff at TH, bombs, drops etc have chicken runs beside them anyway so you dont have to do them - there certainly be no pressure to.

The large group size is going to dictate the speed we all go, so its not going to be the fastest of rides, and the weather is going to put a stop to any silly fast speeds anyway.

If you decide not to, I'd be more than happy to show you around one evening as I am up there an awful lot (probably too much).

May see you Sunday.

Okay, well I'll see how I feel. If I do come, I can always bail if needs be. Cheers.

--------------------

+Quote Post
marcliam
post Jul 9 2010, 08:44 PM
Post #27

QUOTE(ParkerMan @ Jul 9 2010, 06:46 PM) *

This may work out better for me as I can't make this Sunday and I may have swung the odd evening (once in a while). Specially as I just watched the video that Maj posted of the area - looks absolutely great. Although woodwork does scare the bejeesus out of me. Mind you...nothing ventured, nothing gained! Have a good one guys.

--------------------
WD40 is for spraying onto things that you think you should be performing some kind of maintenance on but have no clue where to start or what to do.

+Quote Post
sandy hill
post Jul 9 2010, 09:43 PM
Post #28

Sooooooo gutted I can't make it. Tunnel Hill is fab. The weather will be great. And I still have to work. hairout.gif

+Quote Post
payneib
post Jul 10 2010, 07:28 AM
Post #29

a riding buddy and i are lookin for something different to ride tomorrow, i've let him know about this thread but not heard back from him yet, so thought i'd ask: is there provisionally room for two more?

AYTE has really wet our appatites for bombholes and genral tunnel hill/deepcut/aldershot/keogh style trails, that was an awesome course!!!!

+Quote Post
mbElf
post Jul 10 2010, 07:38 AM
Post #30

QUOTE(payneib @ Jul 10 2010, 08:28 AM) *
a riding buddy and i are lookin for something different to ride tomorrow, i've let him know about this thread but not heard back from him yet, so thought i'd ask: is there provisionally room for two more?

AYTE has really wet our appatites for bombholes and genral tunnel hill/deepcut/aldershot/keogh style trails, that was an awesome course!!!!

Yes, there certainly is and you would be most welcome. The directions to the canal centre are in the ride details. Just a word of warning - its going to be really hot so bring plenty of water. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
ParkerMan
post Jul 10 2010, 03:10 PM
Post #31

QUOTE(mbElf @ Jul 10 2010, 08:38 AM) *
Just a word of warning - its going to be really hot so bring plenty of water. rolleyes.gif

Bring some money, and we'll see if we can get a half way house stop in (local Spar).

+Quote Post
payneib
post Jul 11 2010, 01:27 PM
Post #32

well that was a wicked awesome ride!!!!

some of the best riding i've pulled out of the bag in a long time, you guys definately gave me my riding mojo back this morning!!! just a shame i couldnt ride like that last weekend..........................

i only regret not having a go at that seesaw.

cheers for a great morning lads, hopefully we'll get out again soon!

+Quote Post
jon1973
post Jul 11 2010, 02:40 PM
Post #33

Really enjoyed the ride today - thanks for letting me tag along.

I'll keep an eye on the board for future rides.

Jon

+Quote Post
mbElf
post Jul 11 2010, 03:30 PM
Post #34

Dave, awesome ride today despite taking off when i was not expecting it and landing in a heap. Thanks to Carl also who was sweeping most of the ride.

I am absolutely shattered now - whens the the next one stupidlyhappy.gif

+Quote Post
marcliam
post Jul 11 2010, 03:34 PM
Post #35

QUOTE(mbElf @ Jul 11 2010, 04:30 PM) *
....despite taking off when i was not expecting it and landing in a heap.

ooohh...tell more?!?

--------------------
WD40 is for spraying onto things that you think you should be performing some kind of maintenance on but have no clue where to start or what to do.

+Quote Post
payneib
post Jul 11 2010, 05:09 PM
Post #36

QUOTE(mbElf @ Jul 11 2010, 04:30 PM) *
Dave, awesome ride today despite taking off when i was not expecting it and landing in a heap.

lol, there were a few crashes today, including my comedy SPD moment, and that damn log that decided it really wanted to be in the same place as my right foot!!!!! all my toes are ok now though!

+Quote Post
Warren
post Jul 11 2010, 05:09 PM
Post #37

Thanks for a great ride today. Dave you did a good job and thanks again for showing us around. Will keep an eye out for the next one.

Attached File  DSC03680.JPG ( 1.92mb ) Number of downloads: 36

+Quote Post
Suren
post Jul 11 2010, 05:55 PM
Post #38

Thanks for the great ride today... sorry to bail early but just made it home in time for the F1. Till next time... Suren (the one with the yeti)

+Quote Post
SinfulHedgehog
post Jul 11 2010, 06:01 PM
Post #39

Sorry I missed it. Stayed in bed for a lie-in in the end. I'll try exploring it on my own at some point.

So that I can cycle there, how do you get there from the Lookout?

--------------------

+Quote Post
DaveWen
post Jul 11 2010, 07:26 PM
Post #40

Thanks Dave for leading us on a great route and to the others for your company. I'll be back...

(BTW let me know if you want that tour of the Surrey Hills)

Dave (on the pale blue Dialled Prince Albert)

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2014 - 05:54 PM
Design by: IPB 2.3 Skins & Web Browsers News