IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Purple bike shed, Skills training
Kerr
post Jul 21 2010, 08:08 AM
Post #1

Group: Members

Went out with Purple bike shed yesterday for a day's "singltrackrider" skills course at swinley.

I can highly recommend the guys and they have given me some massive pointers for my riding.
They say they cant teach an old dog a new trick, but they got me railing corners properly and even got me doing track stands!

Pricey at over 80 quid, but this is 9am -4pm officially but have been know to extend this (they say record is 8:30pm). They have a max of 1 instructor to 3 riders.

The course was based around cornering (position), braking (stop skidding!, use the front brake!), pumping over singletrack, lifting bike properly, steep climbing and some fitness stuff.

Any swinley regulars want to polish thier riding or like me have never had anyone show them anything can to go far wrong with a day with them.

They also promised to find some hidden tracks in swinley they reckoned I wouldnt know. They failed naughty.gif

Kerr

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
U31
post Jul 21 2010, 06:18 PM
Post #2

Group: Members

Its great when you go on a skills day, the stuff that you learn that you dont nail on the day, you carry away the skills and practice in your daily riding, well worth the money imho...

Now if i could only get fit enough to employ what i've learned....

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 06:49 PM
Design by: IPB 2.3 Skins & Web Browsers News