IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Caesar's Camp, Caesar's Camp - not the Swinley one!
sandy hill
post Jan 21 2011, 11:01 PM
Post #21

Group: Members

Maj, Damian is coming as well. If you think I can climb just wait and see him go!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mbElf
post Jan 22 2011, 11:27 PM
Post #22

QUOTE(sandy hill @ Jan 21 2011, 11:01 PM) *
Maj, Damian is coming as well. If you think I can climb just wait and see him go!

Looking at whos coming, I think i will be the weakest link but i am always up for a challenge. It would be good to get some decent mileage in and some air in to lungs. smile.gif I thought we did about 50 miles last time but i am not sure now... anyway it certainly felt like it. See you tomorrow.

cheers

Maj

+Quote Post
Shmikuk
post Jan 23 2011, 07:40 AM
Post #23

Don't worry Maj, I've not done any serious miles for a while now so I'll prob be just behind you. See you later, E

+Quote Post
Shmikuk
post Jan 23 2011, 04:43 PM
Post #24

Good ride today guys. 30 miles thru the mud. Good to meet/ see you all.
Ian

+Quote Post
Biggsy80
post Jan 23 2011, 04:50 PM
Post #25

Hi All

Great Ride.. my legs are feeling it now! Thanks Sandy Hill for leading... great food stops on route too!. The Yeti has been cleaned and returned to its rightful owner, have to say there was a slight tear in my eye as i reluctantly let go of the handle bars and gave 'her' back!

Hopefuly catch up soon, nice meeting new faces

Ben

+Quote Post
French_Aristo
post Jan 23 2011, 05:02 PM
Post #26

QUOTE(Biggsy80 @ Jan 23 2011, 04:50 PM) *
Hi All

Great Ride.. my legs are feeling it now! Thanks Sandy Hill for leading... great food stops on route too!. The Yeti has been cleaned and returned to its rightful owner, have to say there was a slight tear in my eye as i reluctantly let go of the handle bars and gave 'her' back!

Hopefuly catch up soon, nice meeting new faces

Ben

That Yeti is a sweet ride. No question but 4K... Really?

--------------------
Lapierre Zesty 514 2011
Lapierre Froggy 314 2012
Canyon Torque Alpinist 2013

+Quote Post
Stan Leigh
post Jan 23 2011, 05:05 PM
Post #27

Excellent day today , thanks to sandy hill for a something a little different & most enjoyable ! We should do something similar regularish !

Sorted out my chain suck , lost a flipping tooth on my granny wheel !

@Biggsey80 , those steel chain wheels you were talking about , what is the brand name & are they XT compatable ?

+Quote Post
Shmikuk
post Jan 23 2011, 05:05 PM
Post #28

That Yeti rocks. Well impressed seeing how it rode. Do you think you'll get one?

+Quote Post
Biggsy80
post Jan 23 2011, 05:22 PM
Post #29

@ Shmikuk, would love one, just not with that spec! will have to do some number crunching and see if I can stretch to it with a lower groupset / wheels etc.

@ Stan Leigh.. Just checked Chain reaction and raceface have a steel inner , may be worth checking its compatible before ordering, Im not sure what the Shimano ones are made of, I had to have the middle ring replace on my bike and I sure that was steel rather than aluminium, but Im running a Stylo chain set, not Shimano

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=9402

@ French_Aristo, not sure on the exact price that bike would of cost,but judging by the gear on it it must be somewhere in that region, I can only but dream!

So whens the next ride?!

+Quote Post
French_Aristo
post Jan 23 2011, 05:24 PM
Post #30

Here are today stats from my garmin.
XC Ride from Caesar Camp
We can all notice the sheer amount of tarmac riding. My bike never seem that much in her all life... disgusted.gif
Thanks Mr TomTom for leading
So Sunday 6th of Feb, if there is any takers, we will try to do a 36km loop in Swinley that included 0% tarmac.
I would suggest a 09:00 start and would hope to complete the loop in about 04H15 to 04H30 riding time so 05 hours all in.
Clearly the pace will be slower but although more elevation gain and lost, it should actually be a physically easier ride but a bit more technical
Any takers.
Also this coming Friday, starting 19:30, about 2 hours nite ride, 98.3% single or double track, 0.7% walking it and 1% fire roads
Both ride on the calendar

--------------------
Lapierre Zesty 514 2011
Lapierre Froggy 314 2012
Canyon Torque Alpinist 2013

+Quote Post
Shmikuk
post Jan 23 2011, 05:39 PM
Post #31

Should be up for Friday. It's rare that I have to but im currently negotiating passesfor Friday AND Saturday. I think Maj was keen too.
I enjoyed the ride today, iit felt like we were a long way from the start/ finish at times.

@biggsy; the way things have moved on with the "lower" groupsets, wheelsets etc I'm sure you could build a real nice bike for a lot less money. What are you going to try next?

+Quote Post
Biggsy80
post Jan 23 2011, 06:22 PM
Post #32

Sunday looks possible, will let you know in a few days

@ Shmikuk - No more..! it gets too confusing!! Will do my home work this week and hopefully make a decision

Ben

+Quote Post
mbElf
post Jan 24 2011, 09:50 AM
Post #33

Thanks for an great ride yesterday and thanks for leading simon. my legs are feeling it today. I think the mud really does make a lot of difference. Next time perhaps we can increase a bit to say 45 miles????

+Quote Post
sandy hill
post Jan 24 2011, 10:22 AM
Post #34

QUOTE(mbElf @ Jan 24 2011, 09:50 AM) *
Thanks for an great ride yesterday and thanks for leading simon. my legs are feeling it today. I think the mud really does make a lot of difference. Next time perhaps we can increase a bit to say 45 miles????

Maj, we can always do the Downslink from St Martha's Mount, just outside Guildford, to Shoreham and then along the seafront to Brighton. Its not a challenging ride by any means but the distance is more what you are after. I could do the 20th or 27th of Feb as it stands.

Oh and I can't make the 6th for Swinley as its out stock take weekend sad.gif

+Quote Post
Shmikuk
post Jan 24 2011, 01:32 PM
Post #35

That downs link route is a nice summer social ride. It is a little dull though, I used it for getting some miles in last year. I've got a good cross country route that was part of the bhf London to Brighton offroad ride, that runs from brooklands to the downs link at cranleigh but haven't quite sussed the second half of the loop back.

+Quote Post
sandy hill
post Jan 24 2011, 10:42 PM
Post #36

QUOTE(Shmikuk @ Jan 24 2011, 01:32 PM) *
That downs link route is a nice summer social ride. It is a little dull though, I used it for getting some miles in last year. I've got a good cross country route that was part of the bhf London to Brighton offroad ride, that runs from brooklands to the downs link at cranleigh but haven't quite sussed the second half of the loop back.

I have visions on me berming the Brooklands banking by M&S wink.gif

+Quote Post
Shmikuk
post Jan 25 2011, 07:47 AM
Post #37

Ha, still can't believe they chopped the track up like that!! All the money wasted on other "historic" spots around the uk, and they do THAT. Having driven and walked on the part out the back of the museum(and mercworld) it's unbelievable that the old boys hacked around there at 150mph. It's Sooooooo steep, slippery and scarily bumpy.

+Quote Post
sandy hill
post Jan 25 2011, 08:20 AM
Post #38

QUOTE(Shmikuk @ Jan 25 2011, 07:47 AM) *
Ha, still can't believe they chopped the track up like that!! All the money wasted on other "historic" spots around the uk, and they do THAT. Having driven and walked on the part out the back of the museum(and mercworld) it's unbelievable that the old boys hacked around there at 150mph. It's Sooooooo steep, slippery and scarily bumpy.

No seatbelt in that car and no wheels on the ground!

+Quote Post
mbElf
post Jan 30 2011, 09:48 PM
Post #39

Some pics of the recent ride we did (+some of peaslake) enjoy..

Pics

"Cor blimey, its a bit chilly..."

"Where is Frenchie??? - hope he has fallen into a ditch"

"Here he is - f%@king admiring the view"

"What kept you boys..."

"Tarmac"

+Quote Post
sandy hill
post Feb 21 2011, 02:59 PM
Post #40

Anyone up for getting the lights out for a couple of hours this week?

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 09:29 AM
Design by: IPB 2.3 Skins & Web Browsers News