IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Caesar's Camp, Caesar's Camp - not the Swinley one!
Stan Leigh
post Feb 21 2011, 06:10 PM
Post #41

Group: Members

Come out with the Trolls , tomorrow evening , you're as fit as me & I don't struggle on Tuesday evening rides. This week it's an ' Urban ' ride ? Can't tell you exactly what that is cus I haven't done one yet ! Check out their site for details.

We also do a local loop in the maidenhead area on Thursdays , 7 30 pm , 3hrs moderate to brisk pace . All welcome , although I accept It's a long way to travel when you have Caesar's & Tunnel on your doorstep !

See you on a trail soon ! cool.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sandy hill
post Feb 21 2011, 06:21 PM
Post #42

QUOTE(Stan Leigh @ Feb 21 2011, 06:10 PM) *
Come out with the Trolls , tomorrow evening , you're as fit as me & I don't struggle on Tuesday evening rides. This week it's an ' Urban ' ride ? Can't tell you exactly what that is cus I haven't done one yet ! Check out their site for details.

We also do a local loop in the maidenhead area on Thursdays , 7 30 pm , 3hrs moderate to brisk pace . All welcome , although I accept It's a long way to travel when you have Caesar's & Tunnel on your doorstep !

See you on a trail soon ! cool.gif

I'll put the light on charge. Not sure where my tail light is though. Seem to recall it needs a screwdriver to turn it on!

UPDATE: Light found and it's a pen not a screwdriver. See you there tomorrow!

+Quote Post
mbElf
post Dec 25 2011, 09:37 PM
Post #43

Si, just trying to coordinate the transport situation.

Will update as soon as i know.. can anyone else tag along?

+Quote Post
Doug
post Dec 25 2011, 10:04 PM
Post #44

Group: Administrators

QUOTE(mbElf @ Dec 25 2011, 09:37 PM) *
Si, just trying to coordinate the transport situation.

Will update as soon as i know.. can anyone else tag along?

Old thread alert.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sandy hill
post Dec 25 2011, 11:08 PM
Post #45

QUOTE(Doug @ Dec 25 2011, 10:04 PM) *
Old thread alert.

Indeed but the latest ride will be over some of the new Brass Monkeys course stupidlyhappy.gif

+Quote Post
Doug
post Dec 25 2011, 11:23 PM
Post #46

Group: Administrators

What ride? Am I missing something?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rod
post Dec 26 2011, 10:51 AM
Post #47

"What ride? Am I missing something?" LOL I thought it was just me being FICK , but no it's you too Doug! wink.gif agree.gif

but then again... secret code perhaps? unsure.gif

--------------------
Every Silver Lining Has a Cloud!

Don't trust government (I'm bitter and twisted over the CROW & NERC BILL)
(Mountain biking will be next incidentally)

NO, you're OK, I insist YOU go first. ...
Told you it couldn't be done!

+Quote Post
mbElf
post Dec 26 2011, 03:17 PM
Post #48

Ahhh man that was fantastic ride. My legs are like jelly biggrin.gif Not quite the social/digest the turkey ride i am used to but really enjoyed it. It was a good pace. Loved the roller coaster and new brass monkey trails. They have done a fantastic job on that. I am convinced there are trails in Surrey that are good as some of the welsh ones, just have to know where to find them.

Doug/Rod No secret code smile.gif - we should have created a ride in the rides section. My apologies.

Looking forward to the next one stupidlyhappy.gif

cheers

Maj

+Quote Post
sandy hill
post Dec 26 2011, 03:22 PM
Post #49

QUOTE(mbElf @ Dec 26 2011, 03:17 PM) *
Ahhh man that was fantastic ride. My legs are like jelly biggrin.gif Not quite the social/digest the turkey ride i am used to but really enjoyed it. It was a good pace. Loved the roller coaster and new brass monkey trails. They have done a fantastic job on that. I am convinced there are trails in Surrey that are good as some of the welsh ones, just have to know where to find them.

Doug/Rod No secret code smile.gif - we should have created a ride in the rides section. My apologies.

Looking forward to the next one stupidlyhappy.gif

cheers

Maj

Definitely a social pace - we were able to talk as we went round. smile.gif Not sure about the Wales comment though. Perhaps you are just trying to explain your tiredness away. wink.gif

+Quote Post
ken
post Dec 26 2011, 09:29 PM
Post #50

thanks guys for excellent ride today, i am so surprised that never ridden at such great place before (in one year since in uk)
definitely should be repeated.

p.s. 1st time was riding with a lady who was better than some guys, including me smile.gif
respect!

+Quote Post
mbElf
post Dec 26 2011, 11:12 PM
Post #51

QUOTE(ken @ Dec 26 2011, 09:29 PM) *
thanks guys for excellent ride today, i am so surprised that never ridden at such great place before (in one year since in uk)
definitely should be repeated.

Ken, no one we ride with knows the area apart from Simon or maybe Stan so we are kind of limited. We have to ride it again particularly if it snows this winter, that view from the bench is just going to be awesome.

+Quote Post
Suren
post Dec 27 2011, 10:22 AM
Post #52

Thanks to sandyhill and the tunnel hill trolls for leading the ride yesterday, good to try some different trails!

+Quote Post
sandy hill
post Dec 27 2011, 12:53 PM
Post #53

Guys,

The next days have I free to lead are all Saturdays; the 7th, 14th, & 28th of January. Let me know if any of these suit you.

Glad you enjoyed it.

smile.gif

+Quote Post
mbElf
post Dec 27 2011, 09:40 PM
Post #54

QUOTE(sandy hill @ Dec 27 2011, 12:53 PM) *
Guys,

The next days have I free to lead are all Saturdays; the 7th, 14th, & 28th of January. Let me know if any of these suit you.

smile.gif

Simon, i know a couple of my mates would like to come - won't see them until the new year but will let you know. I am free Saturdays so it would be good for me. Bring on the roller coaster!

+Quote Post
deadkenny
post Dec 28 2011, 12:48 AM
Post #55

Will try to come along. Want to do the place again. When I was working over there I managed to get out a couple of times round there, along with some walks round there out from the office. Managed to find a few bits we did that time I was with you before.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ken
post Dec 29 2011, 09:31 PM
Post #56

QUOTE(sandy hill @ Dec 27 2011, 12:53 PM) *
Guys,

Glad you enjoyed it.

smile.gif

i am in. the good thing about this place it's trails doesn't seem to get too boggy after rain comparing with swinley where it takes ages to get dry then.

+Quote Post
sandy hill
post Dec 29 2011, 10:06 PM
Post #57

QUOTE(ken @ Dec 29 2011, 09:31 PM) *
i am in. the good thing about this place it's trails doesn't seem to get too boggy after rain comparing with swinley where it takes ages to get dry then.

What? ALL of them?! worship.gif

+Quote Post
French_Aristo
post Dec 30 2011, 06:05 PM
Post #58

QUOTE(sandy hill @ Dec 27 2011, 01:53 PM) *
Guys,

Glad you enjoyed it.

smile.gif

Simon, I am hoping to get a few people to ride Swinley on the 7th as I would want to get video footage with as many riders as possible to cut a YouTube intro of a Swinley Trails video guide I am planning to get together over the next few months...
So I would chose the 28th
Also I recall the last (and only ride there) to be fairly demanding for a non XC, would I need a grany ring or will I get away with my 1*10?
PS.: will try not to loose the pack this time

--------------------
Lapierre Zesty 514 2011
Lapierre Froggy 314 2012
Canyon Torque Alpinist 2013

+Quote Post
sandy hill
post Dec 30 2011, 07:21 PM
Post #59

QUOTE(French_Aristo @ Dec 30 2011, 06:05 PM) *
Simon, I am hoping to get a few people to ride Swinley on the 7th as I would want to get video footage with as many riders as possible to cut a YouTube intro of a Swinley Trails video guide I am planning to get together over the next few months...
So I would chose the 28th
Also I recall the last (and only ride there) to be fairly demanding for a non XC, would I need a grany ring or will I get away with my 1*10?
PS.: will try not to loose the pack this time

1*10 will be fine as I can ss most of these days. And we will be staying on the Caesars Camp and not heading down to Tilford this time. I might even come to Swinley on the 7th as well. smile.gif

+Quote Post
French_Aristo
post Dec 30 2011, 07:27 PM
Post #60

QUOTE(sandy hill @ Dec 30 2011, 08:21 PM) *
. I might even come to Swinley on the 7th as well. smile.gif

That would be great. I need to test and see if the GoPro Hero 2 has really a wide angle of 170o whistling.gif
Only joking. We get Stan for that test...

--------------------
Lapierre Zesty 514 2011
Lapierre Froggy 314 2012
Canyon Torque Alpinist 2013

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th December 2014 - 07:55 AM
Design by: IPB 2.3 Skins & Web Browsers News