IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Final went Ghetto
Old bert would
post Jan 9 2011, 09:26 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Final went ghetto today. Fitted both in about one n half hours, had a problem with the front tyre popping of the rim. It also decided to do it again whilst in the garage awaiting a test run. Then it went again on the test run banghead.gif
couldn't get it to seat and inflate with the pump so swapped it for a tube. The back tyre has worked a treat but i'm thinking the bead has stretched to much on the front, it's been off & on plenty of times with punctures.

If anyone has any ideas of the solution it would be gratefully received.

Rob

PS just got a pair of rocket rons for the price of one @ on-one
This may well sort the problem.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mick
post Jan 9 2011, 09:32 PM
Post #2

QUOTE(Old bert would @ Jan 9 2011, 09:26 PM) *
but i'm thinking the bead has stretched to much on the front, it's been off & on plenty of times with punctures.

I think you've probably answered your own question there Rob agree.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
bazza
post Jan 9 2011, 11:20 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(Old bert would @ Jan 9 2011, 09:26 PM) *
PS just got a pair of rocket rons for the price of one @ on-one

Doh. One of my WatfordMTB buds put me onto that bargain back in early Dec. Been meaning to re-post it here. And, on reading this, I remember that I didn't.
Soz.

I picked up a bargain RRon (non-UST). Just wish they had UST (well, they didn't when I last looked).

--------------------
NB: It's unlikely I'll see your reply. So, please PM me if you need a response.

+Quote Post
Old bert would
post Jan 10 2011, 08:07 AM
Post #4

QUOTE(Mick @ Jan 9 2011, 09:32 PM) *
I think you've probably answered your own question there Rob agree.gif

Thought as much. The new tryes should hopefully do the trick. How is the shoulder doing? Will you be back touring the Mynd soon?

QUOTE(bazza @ Jan 9 2011, 11:20 PM) *
Doh. One of my WatfordMTB buds put me onto that bargain back in early Dec. Been meaning to re-post it here. And, on reading this, I remember that I didn't.
Soz.

I picked up a bargain RRon (non-UST). Just wish they had UST (well, they didn't when I last looked).

Bazza, no they just have Non-UST on offer on RRons, but these should work ok for ghetto.
Anybody else after these should hurry i think the offer ends sometime this week.

Rob

+Quote Post
Rod
post Jan 12 2011, 04:52 PM
Post #5

I ran / run Ghetto for about 2 years now but I'm afraid I'm not convinced for use around these parts.
I've had as many flats with tubes as with Ghetto ... actually 1 with a tube and 2 with a ghetto.

I can see the point if your riding is mainly at places with rocks in abundance and square edged hits but for me thus far as I say I'm not convinced but I know many others swear by 'em... me I swore at 'em. I either have to have 'em too hard to get any grip advantage or run the risk of them rolling about on the rim making it feel like the wheel is flexing and going to fail or "burping" off the rim. Others of a similar weight use 'em without problem but I like to think I hit things a little harder than them. Of course I may just have a pooh technique in riding or in fitting the damn things?

Rod

--------------------
Every Silver Lining Has a Cloud!

Don't trust government (I'm bitter and twisted over the CROW & NERC BILL)
(Mountain biking will be next incidentally)

NO, you're OK, I insist YOU go first. ...
Told you it couldn't be done!

+Quote Post
mbElf
post Jan 12 2011, 06:16 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(Old bert would @ Jan 10 2011, 08:07 AM) *
Bazza, no they just have Non-UST on offer on RRons, but these should work ok for ghetto.
Anybody else after these should hurry i think the offer ends sometime this week.

Rob

These are tubleless tyres which means they will work with stans solution wont they?. I think ust tyres are different because you don't need solution run them. Correct me if i am wrong huh.gif

I bought a set of these because a friend rates them very highly and and they are a bargain at half price.

Maj

+Quote Post
Old bert would
post Jan 17 2011, 07:45 PM
Post #7

Well the new rocket rons seems to have done the job. The tyre has stayed on and up although i've yet to give it a blast, it was too late yesterday after all my chores were done banghead.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th September 2014 - 07:33 PM
Design by: IPB 2.3 Skins & Web Browsers News