IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Newbie alert! Brought a 2nd hand frame
trustno1
post Jul 25 2011, 06:09 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Hi guys I'm new here and new to the mtb world.

Looking to getting fit again and loose weight for my wedding next year. Decided to get a bike.

Brought a 2nd hand frame of a mate for 20 which I think is a bargain, it's approx 2005 maybe newer in half decent nick a gt avalanche 3.0 in matt black with grey GT logo and White writing. All I need to do is buy a set of wheels he told me 26inch with disc, he reckons 160 on each disc if that means anything? Brakes and chain are already on the bike just got to get the wheels.

He said it's 8 speed 24 gears.

No idea what wheels I need to get? Can anybody recommend what would work well? Dont want to spend too much it's only for riding about in the woods etc!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Doug
post Jul 26 2011, 09:13 AM
Post #2

Group: Administrators

Bargain Wheels. Join the VIP club for free for an extra 5 off.

Brake Rotors

Cassette.

These are about as cheap as you will get half decent new kit for. I have a set of these wheels on my pub bike and they are great for the money. You will also need a seatpost and saddle. Buy them with the rotors and you will get free postage.

There is also a bolt missing from the from disk brake mount which will need replacing

A grand total of 130 including your initial 20 outlay, bargain of the year!

--------------------

+Quote Post
DrBike
post Jul 26 2011, 10:27 AM
Post #3

Group: Members

I looked at this thread last night but didn't have a chance to respond.

I concur 100% with Doug, including the fact that you're missing a bolt on the front disk brake (one of those that secures the brake to the fork).

--------------------
Dr Bike takes no responsibility for damaged limbs or failed relationships as the result of his advice.

Make something idiot proof, and someone somewhere will make a better idiot.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2014 - 05:32 PM
Design by: IPB 2.3 Skins & Web Browsers News