IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hi everyone.
KieranJ
post Aug 14 2011, 08:42 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

hi everyone, just joined the forum and finding it very helpful. Does anybody know of good places to ride in oxfordshire or the surronding area? Ive been riding the ridgeway alot but looking to get into riding abit more seriously. Im a pretty competent rider so im up for trying anything. thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
KurvZ
post Aug 15 2011, 05:55 AM
Post #2

QUOTE(KieranJ @ Aug 14 2011, 09:42 PM) *
hi everyone, just joined the forum and finding it very helpful. Does anybody know of good places to ride in oxfordshire or the surronding area? Ive been riding the ridgeway alot but looking to get into riding abit more seriously. Im a pretty competent rider so im up for trying anything. thanks.

Hi Kieran welcome to the forum , hope you get as much use out of it as I have , Dave

+Quote Post
KieranJ
post Aug 15 2011, 09:27 AM
Post #3

QUOTE(KurvZ @ Aug 15 2011, 06:55 AM) *
Hi Kieran welcome to the forum , hope you get as much use out of it as I have , Dave

Cheers Dave, im sure i will smile.gif

+Quote Post
DrBike
post Aug 15 2011, 10:59 AM
Post #4

Hi Kieran and welcome to the forum,

Depending on where you are in Oxfordshire or which bit of the Ridgeway you're riding there should still be some other good trails to try out. I've done some great loops on the Chinnor/Watlington area of the Chilterns plus there's more good trails between there and Goring/Pangbourne.

I'm not that familiar with the Ridgeway section in the south of the county but if you look on Wheresthepath or StreetmapUK you should be able to spot the bridleways and byways that you can ride on and make up a nice loop. You can also try Bikely to search for routes in your area.

--------------------
Dr Bike takes no responsibility for damaged limbs or failed relationships as the result of his advice.

Make something idiot proof, and someone somewhere will make a better idiot.

+Quote Post
KieranJ
post Aug 15 2011, 11:48 AM
Post #5

Thanks Doc, i ride near the vale of the whitehorse ridgeway area and am from the wantage area. Ive heard good things about the Chilterns so will have to check it out and i hear aston hill has a good xc loop so will also have to look into that.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 11:23 PM
Design by: IPB 2.3 Skins & Web Browsers News