Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> C2C, Any Insight
Freester
post Jan 5 2012, 06:42 PM
Post #1

Group: Administrators

Hi,

Me and some mates are planning on riding the Sustrans C2C later this spring. Got the guide on order and found a few websites. Any insight from anyone on here who has ridden it would be appreciated. Especially any of the off road options as we are riding on MTB.

Thanks in advance

Mark F

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bazza
post Jan 5 2012, 08:08 PM
Post #2

Group: Members

Awesome ride! Take as long doing it as possible. You cover some wonderful parts of the country.

My tips are:-
1. Take as long in the Lake District as possible. Magical place.
2. If self-supported, carry as little as possible.
3. No, carry even less than that!
4. If it is still going, stay in Parkhead Station overlooking Newcastle. Makes for a great last night.
5. We finished in Newcastle on a Friday. Great town to go partying in. Not to be missed. Suggest you stay over to celebrate. Again, if self-supported don't bring clothes all the way from the start. Find a Primark/etc.
6. If the real finish (Newcastle) is still where it was when I did it, be prepared for a long pedal out of Newcastle, only to be disappointed and to have to ride back again. But, then it is the *sea* to *sea*. And the sea isn't in Newcastle.
7. Photo's of rear wheel in water at Whitehaven, front wheels in sea at South Shield are obligatory.

--------------------
NB: It's unlikely I'll see your reply. So, please PM me if you need a response.

+Quote Post
Freester
post Jan 5 2012, 09:09 PM
Post #3

Group: Administrators

Cheers fella.

It's for my mate's stag do. We are finishing in Newcastle. I have no intentions of riding out to Tynemouth to ride back again. Non-riders are joining us Sat PM in the Toon for proper stag shenanigans.

Feeling encouraged. Hoping to find someway of transporting a little luggage between stopovers and transport for the group + bikes back to the start. All of which is possible I believe.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Big Pete
post Mar 5 2013, 05:04 PM
Post #4

I'm doing the c2c Tim Woodcock route, st bees to robin hoods bay Via Keswick tho as am riding with less experienced riders, we are using Coast to coast Packhorse to move the bags and book accommodation not sure if they cover the sustrans route,(just checked pretty sure they don't) but there must be someone who does that route.

--------------------
Cheque book success, you can't beat it!!!

+Quote Post
Outrunner
post Mar 5 2013, 10:26 PM
Post #5

www.wrracing.net/c2c is a little write up I did after my ride.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2014 - 09:28 PM
Design by: IPB 2.3 Skins & Web Browsers News