IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic
> sontour radion x1 air fork maing a swirling/swishing sound, it sounds almost like they are full of water/oil
voodoo baby
post Jan 15 2012, 09:53 AM
Post #1

Guests

is this normal?
or do i have to go back to the lbs again doh.gif banghead.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
voodoo baby
post Jan 15 2012, 05:04 PM
Post #2

Guests

swishing noise has dissapeard dont know what it was but its gone now

+Quote Post
Suggsey
post Jan 15 2012, 07:31 PM
Post #3

Group: Moderators

You will get some noise from the majority of forks as they contain oil (even coil sprung forks have some oil in them). The swooshing is normally the oil passing through the damping circuit of the shock. If you press on the corner of a car wing pumping it down you will hear a similar squishing noise of the cars shock absorber (damping circuit equivalent on a car).
It may be that the cold weather had slowed down the oil and made it less viscous (runny) or it just have been that you were giving the forks a good workout.
The only real time to worry is oil spilling out of any seals or your fork suddenly starts behaving like an undamped pogo stick.
For optimun fork life and performance forks will have a service life on them but to be honest with cheaper end forksits just as cost effective to ride them till they die- which with with some forks can last years!

+Quote Post
sandy hill
post Jan 15 2012, 07:42 PM
Post #4

Group: Members

QUOTE(voodoo baby @ Jan 15 2012, 05:04 PM) *
swishing noise has dissapeard dont know what it was but its gone now

Was your washing machine switched on? angry.gif

+Quote Post
Weak Knees
post Jan 15 2012, 10:18 PM
Post #5

Sorry Voodoo Baby or whatever name you're logged in as this time, but from reading this and your other posts how can someone have so many problems with a bike, its not normal and if its really that bad you should have had a full refund by now.......

All you seem to have posted about is, this is broken, this isn't right, is this normal, oh now its fixed, oops sorry now its broken again angry.gif and not really about where and what type of riding you are doing......

I know forums are all about seeking information, solving problems etc and at first i found it a little bit amusing, but now its all a bit boring sad.gif

Sorry rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Kona Unit Fat Front 29er SS

On One Inbred 29er

Specialized Tricross SS

"I'll see you at the top when i get there"

+Quote Post
voodoo baby
post Jan 15 2012, 11:44 PM
Post #6

Guests

QUOTE(Weak Knees @ Jan 15 2012, 10:18 PM) *
Sorry Voodoo Baby or whatever name you're logged in as this time, but from reading this and your other posts how can someone have so many problems with a bike, its not normal and if its really that bad you should have had a full refund by now.......

All you seem to have posted about is, this is broken, this isn't right, is this normal, oh now its fixed, oops sorry now its broken again angry.gif and not really about where and what type of riding you are doing......

I know forums are all about seeking information, solving problems etc and at first i found it a little bit amusing, but now its all a bit boring sad.gif

Sorry rolleyes.gif

right but theres nothing wrong with my voodoo in this case i just thought there was silly bash.gif i cant actually tell whats right and whats not i know virtually nothing about bikes i only do xc riding plus the odd trip to the shops etc on it nothing to harsh well apart from the odd tiny jump/wheelie nose manual etc still nothing like harsh

+Quote Post
bodger_the_biker
post Jan 15 2012, 11:49 PM
Post #7

its most likely the oil cycling through the damper i dont know if the damper on radion is open bath or cartridge but i do know from expericense open bath can sound pretty slushy/skooshy from time to time. Noises to worry about are metallic clunks/bangs or hissing air leading to increasing sag which usually denotes a damaged air seal

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 02:22 PM
Design by: IPB 2.3 Skins & Web Browsers News