IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> MTB Newbie - Places to ride?
Omario
post Feb 2 2012, 11:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Hi everyone, i'm kinda new to mountain biking and biking in general. I got a new bike last week and really want to find a nice quite place to ride. I've mainly just been rolling into work. Got a free week coming up, and i'd love to give the bike and my legs a good go. The commute to work is ~20 mins, i'm looking for somewhere where I can ride around for a couple of hours, and preferably with the choice to avoid steep hills

The problem is that I can't think of any good places. Does anyone have any recommendations on areas not to far from Manchester (Old Trafford)? I catch a train up to Runcorn to get part of the way to work (Piccadily to Llandudno line). Is there anywhere not so crowded and good for beginners close to the stations on that line? ( http://www.fixmytransport.com/routes/great...ster-piccadilly ).

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jes
post Feb 4 2012, 12:25 PM
Post #2

Not my part of the world but, you have Coed-y- Llandegla not far from Wrecsam/Wrexham, you may be able to get train link from Chester.

Oneplanet

+Quote Post
Doug
post Feb 4 2012, 01:08 PM
Post #3

Group: Administrators

Frodsham Station for Delamere
Llandudno Jtn for Conwy Mountain and Drum
Fflint for the Clwyds

--------------------

+Quote Post
pickwick
post Feb 4 2012, 05:54 PM
Post #4

could also get the train to horwich and ride rivington and healey nab also stockport isnt far from you heard of place called farmer johns there.
lee quarry in bacup isnt far either.
http://www.mtbbritain.co.uk/forum/index.ph...p;hl=healey+nab

+Quote Post
Joe_90
post Feb 7 2012, 12:40 PM
Post #5

Yeah I'd recommend Llandegla. I only started riding last summer & its basically the only place for off-roading that I've been. Really good place & good for any level rider. I've now done blue, red & black runs.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 03:48 AM
Design by: IPB 2.3 Skins & Web Browsers News