IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Conditions at FOD recently?, Racing mini DH on the 26th
bodger_the_biker
post Feb 16 2012, 09:58 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

What are the conditions at forrest of deam at the momment? I'm racing there on 26th im just trying to decide if i should splash out on some wetscreams or swampys before i go
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ian
post Feb 17 2012, 07:31 PM
Post #2

QUOTE(bodger_the_biker @ Feb 16 2012, 09:58 PM) *
What are the conditions at forrest of deam at the momment? I'm racing there on 26th im just trying to decide if i should splash out on some wetscreams or swampys before i go

Im goin both days this weekend so ill let you know,, ill also try and find out what track they are using and gopro it for ya... now hows that sound?? agree.gif

+Quote Post
bodger_the_biker
post Feb 17 2012, 07:34 PM
Post #3

sounds like and awesome deal mate

+Quote Post
Ian
post Feb 19 2012, 05:34 PM
Post #4

unfortunatly i couldnt get any info on what track they are runnin as they dont know themselves yet.... so no footage either.
As for tyres, it pissed down yesterday and i ran a minion front and a swampy rear, the front just about coped with it but a spike would have been better. Went back today with the same tyres on and the trails had dried out quite a lot overnight, loads of grip on all the trials we rode. It depends on the weather this week and on the day, id defo take a spike along just incase it turns out wet on the day!
Not the best info i know but hey ho.. Are you comin down for the weekend or just the Sunday?
We will be sessioning on the Saturday and should get an insight of what track they will use for the race,, they dont usually start taping it out untill later on on Saturday afternoon. agree.gif

+Quote Post
bodger_the_biker
post Feb 19 2012, 07:10 PM
Post #5

I'm actully traveling down on wedneday and im going to be sessioning the thursday doing the uplift friday and sessioning again saturday before i race sunday dizzy.gif Im trying to take this racing lark semi seriously but im still expecting to finishing last stretcher.gif

Just ordered a set of wetscreams ordered on 24hr distpatch also agree.gif

+Quote Post
littlegirlbunny
post Feb 19 2012, 08:32 PM
Post #6

Group: Administrators

See you next weekend then Bodger! Will be good to meet you at last!

stupidlyhappy.gif stupidlyhappy.gif stupidlyhappy.gif stupidlyhappy.gif stupidlyhappy.gif stupidlyhappy.gif stupidlyhappy.gif

+Quote Post
bodger_the_biker
post Feb 19 2012, 09:28 PM
Post #7

Will be good to meet you also Jo, ill pm you and Ian my number before i head down smile.gif Just dont get your hopes up im living example of all the gear and no idea laugh.gif

+Quote Post
littlegirlbunny
post Feb 19 2012, 10:02 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(bodger_the_biker @ Feb 19 2012, 09:28 PM) *
Will be good to meet you also Jo, ill pm you and Ian my number before i head down smile.gif Just dont get your hopes up im living example of all the gear and no idea laugh.gif

Haha you're not the only one! My only aim is to actually get to the start line and not end up with a DNS on the sheet laugh.gif

+Quote Post
bodger_the_biker
post Feb 21 2012, 06:33 PM
Post #9

Well thats my bike all cleaned and prepped (new chain cassette, deraileur,shifter) and two new spike tyres at ready for the mud smile.gif

+Quote Post
bodger_the_biker
post Feb 23 2012, 07:29 PM
Post #10

After the soaking drive down i was expecting to have to fit the wet screams but it stayed dry all day meaning there was bags of grip running minion dhf's:-) managed to get 8 full runs aswell hopefully toorrow ill man upa bit more and go biggfr on the jumps

+Quote Post
Ian
post Feb 23 2012, 09:43 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(bodger_the_biker @ Feb 23 2012, 07:29 PM) *
After the soaking drive down i was expecting to have to fit the wet screams but it stayed dry all day meaning there was bags of grip running minion dhf's:-) managed to get 8 full runs aswell hopefully toorrow ill man upa bit more and go biggfr on the jumps

Niceone Bodger agree.gif get em nailed dance.gif
iv had a hub failure so iv had to botch together a bike to use for the race dizzy.gif so who knows how it'll ride blink.gif

+Quote Post
bodger_the_biker
post Feb 24 2012, 07:38 PM
Post #12

Dont know if bunny has let you know but everyone is pretty convinced the course is the whole length of sheep skull middle is a bit pedaly but its fun to ride:-D

+Quote Post
littlegirlbunny
post Feb 24 2012, 09:55 PM
Post #13

I've been eating ALL day cos I is gonna be a needing superdooper pedalpower for sheepskull.

In all honesty it's so pedally I'm wondering whether I'd be better off on the Heckler *ponders*

+Quote Post
littlegirlbunny
post Feb 27 2012, 09:01 PM
Post #14

Great to meet you this weekend Bodger! stupidlyhappy.gif

I'm gonna be sorting pics n stuff over the few days so will get some up when I get chance smile.gif

+Quote Post
bodger_the_biker
post Feb 27 2012, 09:15 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(littlegirlbunny @ Feb 27 2012, 09:01 PM) *
Great to meet you this weekend Bodger! stupidlyhappy.gif

I'm gonna be sorting pics n stuff over the few days so will get some up when I get chance smile.gif

Good to meet you jo and ian(hope his shoulders better) and the others, hopefully ill get back down there again at some point to ride with you guys stupidlyhappy.gif

+Quote Post
Ian
post Feb 27 2012, 10:11 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(bodger_the_biker @ Feb 27 2012, 09:15 PM) *
Good to meet you jo and ian(hope his shoulders better) and the others, hopefully ill get back down there again at some point to ride with you guys stupidlyhappy.gif

Good to meet you too Andy, they are doin a summer series apparently stupidlyhappy.gif so that will be a good opportunity to come back down dance.gif
We'll be comin up when the weather pics up for a weekend, and could do with a guide of Glentress/Inners if you can help us with that? agree.gif
The shoulder is on the mend btw...

+Quote Post
bodger_the_biker
post Feb 28 2012, 10:22 AM
Post #17

Sounds good mate ill defintely be down for atleast another one of the mini dh's in the summer agree.gif, Youll probably want to wait a few months before you come up as weather is still rotten up here sad.gif I should be able to get the time off and a my hands on a more suitable bike for tress smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th November 2014 - 05:57 PM
Design by: IPB 2.3 Skins & Web Browsers News