Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> hydration rucksack bladder
SuperJJ
post Mar 25 2012, 09:16 AM
Post #1

Group: Members

Hi guys,

Managed to pick myself a bargain up at a Bootsale yesterday, a berghaus rucksack that's h20 hydration system compatible. It hasn't got the bladder with it but at 2 quid I can't complain! Lol In good condition too after a quick spin in the washing machine.

So am looking for a bladder with the tube, have seen a few at varying prices but just not sure which to get. Saw a gelert 2 litre one on Ebay for tenor but I'm just thinking is it worth spending a bit more to get a better one. Suppose what I'm asking is, is there much difference between them or is a bladder a bladder?

Cheers
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Suggsey
post Mar 25 2012, 06:43 PM
Post #2

Group: Moderators

Bladders are best bought for your needs in my opinion.
If you are riding for 4hrs you should have a three litre bladder (assuming you are not carrying bottles). I work on a litre an hour or there abouts.
For cleaning/drying you cant beat the new Omega Camelbak resevoirs with all their fast clip tubing etc.
Or if you want to go cheap and cheerful just get the cheapest one you can off ebay.
Same rules apply with all bladders if you dont want nasty black gunge and the two bob bits
rinse it out thoroughly-particularly if you are putting a carbohydrate drink in it, but even simple electrolyte drinks if left for any time will cause nasty growths.
Once rinsed dry it out as best you can with some kitchen roll (Older Camelbaks you can get get your hand in to dry it) store it in the freezer if you cant be bothered to dry it out!
There are numerous cheaper bladder packs including the tight northerners 2 litre pop bottles with lid conversions (think it was glynn off here that I first saw with this method of 'bladderpack' and thought how clever and cheap it was).

+Quote Post
Ibbo
post Mar 25 2012, 08:16 PM
Post #3

Some cheaper bladders have a plasticy taste (I've tried a few) IME Camelbak are by far the best(but cost around 25).I have 3 and the most recent(Antidote) is the best yet.
A mate has a Dakine and swears by it.In a nutshell you get what you pay for.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SuperJJ
post Mar 26 2012, 10:53 AM
Post #4

Cheers guys, went for this one - Reservoir

Seemed cheap for a camelback although its 8 times what I paid for the bag! lol

+Quote Post
SuperJJ
post Apr 4 2012, 11:41 AM
Post #5

Unfortunately and very frustratingly my camelback arrived on the day I had already gone out riding the penmachno trail where I could have really used and tested it.

Oh well, its there for the next ride so I will give some feedback for others after trying it.

+Quote Post
littlegirlbunny
post Apr 4 2012, 04:35 PM
Post #6

Group: Administrators

Just as a slightly off-topic note:

After the zips started to break on my (very) well used Camelbak Hawg I have been on the look out for a new backpack. Getting one to fit comfortably is difficult because of my size, however I finally found one today that seems comfy - at least in the shop! It's a Deuter Race.

Seems very innovative and I'm happy with the fit and design, nothing overly fancy, but has a few easily accessible pockets, large storage area, is light, has a removal rain cover in the base and fab mesh straps which mould to my body.

Paid 45 brand new at an LBS (so you are likely to be able to find it cheaper online) which I thought was reasonable for a seemingly good quality pack. Didn't buy a bladder for it as I have a Dakine bladder that is perfectly functional.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2014 - 09:07 AM
Design by: IPB 2.3 Skins & Web Browsers News