IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> selling advice, selling hardtail to fund full susser
jezmond
post Mar 26 2012, 10:34 AM
Post #1

Group: Members

Im wanting to buy a full susser - thinking about a canyon Nerve AM 7. Below are the specs for my hardtail. I was thinking around 500-700. I havent got any pictures at the moment but was just wondering based on the specs list what anyone would reckon its worth/if my price range is reasonable? The bike has been used extensively but besides from a grubby frame it is in full working order and has been well looked after.

Frame: GT Agressor XC2
Chainset: Shimano SLX M660 9 speed
Front Derailleur: Shimano SLX M660
Rear Derailleur: Shimano SLX Shadow M662 9 speed
Cassette: Shimano SLX 9 speed
Forks: Rockshox Reba SL
Brakes: Shimano SLX M666 (brand new)
Rotors: Shimano (not quite sure what)
Wheels: Weinmann XM280
Hubs: Shimano Deore M525

Let me know what you think
Cheers

In all honesty it seems ive spent way too much on this bike but its been two years of getting into MTB and its been my pride and joy. Looking over ebay and whatnot seems like 500-700 is very ambitious.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gareth
post Mar 27 2012, 06:09 PM
Post #2

Group: Root Admin

You're right, you don't get as much extra for all the additions as you would think so you're better off stripping the best of the parts and selling them separately, putting any working original parts back on the bike. Trouble is your second hand bike always has to go up against discounted 'new' versions on the web and they are where my money would go as it's hard to judge how much wear and tear are on the parts that have been ridden. The best second hand buys are not enthusiast's upgraded rides but rich folks unwanted and practically un-ridden originals. Good luck with asking any more than 300, sorry. unsure.gif

--------------------
Get proper instruction www.mountainbikeinstruction.co.uk

+Quote Post
Suggsey
post Mar 27 2012, 07:08 PM
Post #3

Group: Moderators

Yep like Gareth says I am afraid that bikes are a bit like cars when it comes to residual values unless you have a much sort after marque.
In all reality you will be lucky to realise 200 selling the bike as a whole. You may be better off buying a second hand full suss frame (or new one if you can afford it) and stick as much of your older kit on it as you can and then just save up or get one of the bikes thats on an interest free deal if you can find one.

sad.gif

Sorry for being joint bearer of doom!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 03:10 PM
Design by: IPB 2.3 Skins & Web Browsers News