3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I've lost my Mojo - big time
Mick
post Apr 4 2012, 09:13 PM
Post #21

Group: Members

QUOTE(lawmanmx @ Apr 4 2012, 10:04 PM) *
good idea Mick ... dont discount the minerals tho, nutrition is Everything wink.gif

Think nutrition is OK as Mrs M makes sure we eat properly but it's something I'll certainly be looking at. although I think most of my coughs and colds are coming from the grandchildren, bless em!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lawmanmx
post Apr 4 2012, 09:57 PM
Post #22

you would be surprised how little Minerals were in foods these days Mick, would'nt do ya any harm to give yer system a boost Eh wink.gif

--------------------
who the F*** let me in here???

+Quote Post
Bernard
post Apr 5 2012, 05:26 AM
Post #23

Sorry to hear how your feeling Mick, but I agree that sometimes riding can feel like a chore.
I ride every day to work and I just don't enjoy it anymore.
I thought that buying a nice bling 29er frame would help, but no.

I thought that a big ride would help, so I went and done Jacob's Ladder. This revived the mojo for a bit, but it seems silly things like punctures are p1ssing me off and leaving me thinking, why bother.

However I re-found a bit of the mojo by just going out locally. I took the full susser (a bike which I hardly ride locally) and ended up having a blast.
I had no idea where I was going and had no plan, but ended up being out for 3 hours.

It took a coiuple of weeks, but the mojo is getting there.
On top of your other troubles, the winter weather hasn't helped.
Once this mini winter is over and the sun comes back out, hopefully you'll feel better and up for a Mynd epic soon

All the best

--------------------
Self control has just expired..............................

www.godivatrailriders.org

+Quote Post
Mick
post Apr 5 2012, 09:39 AM
Post #24

QUOTE(lawmanmx @ Apr 4 2012, 10:57 PM) *
you would be surprised how little Minerals were in foods these days Mick, would'nt do ya any harm to give yer system a boost Eh wink.gif

What do you recommend master worship.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
lawmanmx
post Apr 5 2012, 10:25 AM
Post #25

holland and barrett do some of the better stuff (for the money) i always use the 1000mg vitamin C, a good strong multi mineral (usually around 6.30) and a 1000mg cod liver oil ... they should last you for ages (depending on sizes) i would take two of each per day (morning and tea time) for the first week or so then 1 per day after that, check for deals tho cos you can save loads in there if you shop well smile.gif .... also if you like, try a Magnesium oil spray for post rides and tired muscles, it works wonders (spray on, rub in and leave for 10 mins and shower it off)

you'll be brand new in no time Mick wink.gif

--------------------
who the F*** let me in here???

+Quote Post
Suggsey
post Apr 6 2012, 01:22 PM
Post #26

Group: Moderators

Bloody hell Tony, you got shares in Holland and Barrett laugh.gif
If it helps Mick my mojo has taken a kicking of recent based around stress from kids and their situations and my only 'holidays' spent visiting them (you will know that its not really a holiday despite it being lovely seeing the grandkids). Added to home stress was a car that cost me many many hours in repairs and a number of spare days that were earmarked for riding spent laying down in overalls cursing and swearing. That of course was all topped off with long long weeks at work with way too much overtime and not enough sleep.
My 'pick me up' I swear by is a portion of strawberries a day full of magnesium and zinc which will boost your immune system and three portions of a variety of fish a week. Bearing in mind my immune system is screwed anyway 'touches wood' I have not sucumbbed to any infections of any sort for the past three years despite even removing the flesh from my leg.
As the others have said just try and get out for a relaxed ride with mates for the banter and breathers that us old uns need. I always admire just how much you have punished your body with marathon rides etc etc and its not suprising that every now and again you need to relax and give your body time to heal and recoup.
My mental mojo is still there but physically those big five hour rides just aint in the motor at the minute so I am content just to do the occasional trip and tick the pedals over on the climbs and give it the beans on the decsents.
And if it helps here is a dose of MTFU agree.gif

+Quote Post
1gearnoidea
post Apr 22 2012, 10:39 AM
Post #27

sorry to hear mick....if u ever fancy a steady relaxed ride gis a shout...im sure u would still leave me standing....as u have already said a break might help...look at me no proper riding in 3 years..and after 4 ops i feel better now fitness wise than before...sometimes a good few weeks off might just be what u need m8...

--------------------
"boingy's....gears?? whats all that abart"

+Quote Post
Mick
post Apr 22 2012, 07:51 PM
Post #28

QUOTE(1gearnoidea @ Apr 22 2012, 11:39 AM) *
sorry to hear mick....if u ever fancy a steady relaxed ride gis a shout...im sure u would still leave me standing....as u have already said a break might help...look at me no proper riding in 3 years..and after 4 ops i feel better now fitness wise than before...sometimes a good few weeks off might just be what u need m8...

Cheers m8ty, might take you up on that offer, mind you're a bit like LGB, you never ride slowly naughty.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
littlegirlbunny
post Apr 22 2012, 08:47 PM
Post #29

Group: Administrators

QUOTE(Mick @ Apr 22 2012, 08:51 PM) *
Cheers m8ty, might take you up on that offer, mind you're a bit like LGB, you never ride slowly naughty.gif

Ha, don't be getting me involved in this! I am slow uphill!!

+Quote Post
Mick
post Apr 23 2012, 09:27 AM
Post #30

QUOTE(littlegirlbunny @ Apr 22 2012, 09:47 PM) *
Ha, don't be getting me involved in this!

laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
marcliam
post Apr 23 2012, 07:16 PM
Post #31

Mick, really sorry to hear your woes.

I had a tough year last year with one thing and another have struggled to get back into riding. Either too tired, no time or feeling rubbish. Tried to smash through yet another cold by going out running in the mornings but that just made it worse. Last ditch attempt is to take a load of multivitamins plus an echinacea drink. Once the current cold is gone I am going to need to try and get some really positive thoughts going as I'm in the 'can't be bothered' frame of mind. I often look at the local hills and forests or a group of mtb'ers and get the longing for it but when it comes to the crunch I'm struggling to get that kit on and get out!

--------------------
WD40 is for spraying onto things that you think you should be performing some kind of maintenance on but have no clue where to start or what to do.

+Quote Post
Gezzza
post Apr 23 2012, 09:55 PM
Post #32

You are not alone

Ive done 2 or 3 ride since 31/7/11 and started smoking alot naughty.gif i need a good kicking.

I can find any excuse not to go out and its pissing me off.

Ive got no real reason ive got the time ive got two bikes ( one of which ive ridden about twice) i just need to get on it

+Quote Post
1gearnoidea
post Apr 24 2012, 11:38 AM
Post #33

QUOTE(Mick @ Apr 22 2012, 08:51 PM) *

i do now...honestly steady away for me now, cant put too much stress thru the knee dry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mick
post Apr 25 2012, 05:10 PM
Post #34

QUOTE(1gearnoidea @ Apr 24 2012, 12:38 PM) *
i do now...honestly steady away for me now, cant put too much stress thru the knee dry.gif

You'll have to organise an "easy" Peak Ride (if that's not a contradiction) for use less fit people

--------------------

+Quote Post
JohnClimber
post Apr 25 2012, 05:46 PM
Post #35

Just seen this thread, sorry I'm late to the game.

I'd recommend you downloading Strava to your phone or uploading GPS's to the site.

It's very addictive, wether you're trying to beat your best time on a route/climb/downhill or see if you can be the King Of the Mountain?

--------------------

Meaty, Beefy, Big & Bouncy

+Quote Post
marcliam
post Apr 25 2012, 07:08 PM
Post #36

QUOTE(Gezzza @ Apr 23 2012, 10:55 PM) *
You are not alone

Ive done 2 or 3 ride since 31/7/11 and started smoking alot naughty.gif i need a good kicking.

I can find any excuse not to go out and its pissing me off.

Ive got no real reason ive got the time ive got two bikes ( one of which ive ridden about twice) i just need to get on it

Sounds like we need to try and organise a 'coming out of retirement' ride!!!

--------------------
WD40 is for spraying onto things that you think you should be performing some kind of maintenance on but have no clue where to start or what to do.

+Quote Post
Mick
post Apr 25 2012, 08:57 PM
Post #37

QUOTE(marcliam @ Apr 25 2012, 08:08 PM) *
Sounds like we need to try and organise a 'coming out of retirement' ride!!!

laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
1gearnoidea
post Apr 26 2012, 02:23 PM
Post #38

QUOTE(Mick @ Apr 25 2012, 06:10 PM) *
You'll have to organise an "easy" Peak Ride (if that's not a contradiction) for use less fit people

allready in the pipeline mick...problem i have there is no suitable transport to carry a bike...bought myself a scooby and bike wont fit in boot even with both wheels off mellow.gif ..so unless i ride there lol...saying that start o cutgate is 8 miles away...gonna try that soon stupidlyhappy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
glynn six 0
post Apr 26 2012, 03:41 PM
Post #39

QUOTE(1gearnoidea @ Apr 26 2012, 03:23 PM) *
...saying that start o cutgate is 8 miles away...gonna try that soon stupidlyhappy.gif

i was intending on a cutgate ride soon myself lee, but with all this rain it'll be an absolute BOGFEST! now. so waiting till it dries out alot.

+Quote Post
1gearnoidea
post Apr 26 2012, 04:13 PM
Post #40

QUOTE(glynn six 0 @ Apr 26 2012, 04:41 PM) *
i was intending on a cutgate ride soon myself lee, but with all this rain it'll be an absolute BOGFEST! now. so waiting till it dries out alot.

i like bogfest's lol...makes it more fun

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 01:09 PM
Design by: IPB 2.3 Skins & Web Browsers News