Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> buying my 1st bike - ful sus
wallbanger80
post Apr 19 2012, 11:00 AM
Post #1

Group: Members

Hi everyone

I'm looking for advice on my first bike. I've got budget of 500 max and looking to buy secondhand. I've only riden 4 times,3 at bedgbury forest and once at swinley,all on hire bikes. I love swinley as it is fun and fast.
Being a snowboarder I am immediately drawn to the drops and jumps so i will need a bike to take that sort of punishment. I would like a bike I can progress with and to upgrade further down the line. As much as i would like a bike more geared to down hill my friends do like to ride at bedgbury a bit so it has to be able to climb aswell. I've been looking at the carrera banshee X, stumpjumper fsr comp, kona stinky(though a bit heavy and unlikely to have a lock off or pro pedle on rear shock). There is probably a number of other makes and models that will be suitable to what I'm looking for.

Any advice on these bikes or any other sugestion would be greatly appriciated.

Craig
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jes
post Apr 19 2012, 05:31 PM
Post #2

For 500 look at a second hand long travel hardtail, decent second hand FS frames go that price let alone a full bike.
Do a search on the forum as there have been a couple of posts on the subject of bikes for that price with recommendations.

Good luck.

+Quote Post
Dolbe
post Apr 19 2012, 05:46 PM
Post #3

MONGOOSE TEOCALI COMP 599
I started with a 2008 mongoose teocali as do it all bike. It handles everything I have thrown at it ph34r.gif . I have upgraded it as my skills got better and the bike started taking bigger drops and jumps.

--------------------
Team Mongoose Oh yeah!!!

+Quote Post
Handlebar Annie ...
post Apr 25 2012, 12:40 AM
Post #4

Hi
We ride at bedge and north Wales and other places . You are welcome to join us

+Quote Post