IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bontrager Tubeless Ready setup, Which kit is neccessary
torihada
post Aug 7 2008, 08:29 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

My Bontrager Tubeless ready tyres and rim strips came into the LBS today. (tyres are going on to Bontrager tubeless compatible wheels)

I need (or do I?) the following which I'm ordering online from Riding Along;

NoTubes The Solution (Pint). Obviously need this.

NoTubes The Solution (2 oz) - small bottle to carry in tool kit with enough for one tyre for trailside fillups.

CNC machined core remover - I assume a core remover is a neccessity, this is the only presta one I've found - any cheaper solutions?

Injector - is there any point in getting the injector as I'm ordering the small 2oz bottle, will this bottle be good enough for injecting the Stans sealant or is the injector worth 6?

Rapid tubeless repair kit (weldtite). No question, I've seen one of these in action trailside. agree.gif

Have I forgotten anything? Thanks for any advice

--------------------
There do appear to be some hills south of the Trent...
http://www.youtube.com/butahada
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Frain
post Aug 8 2008, 09:34 AM
Post #2

QUOTE(torihada @ Aug 7 2008, 09:29 PM) *
My Bontrager Tubeless ready tyres and rim strips came into the LBS today. (tyres are going on to Bontrager tubeless compatible wheels)

I need (or do I?) the following which I'm ordering online from Riding Along;

NoTubes The Solution (Pint). Obviously need this.

NoTubes The Solution (2 oz) - small bottle to carry in tool kit with enough for one tyre for trailside fillups.

CNC machined core remover - I assume a core remover is a neccessity, this is the only presta one I've found - any cheaper solutions?

Injector - is there any point in getting the injector as I'm ordering the small 2oz bottle, will this bottle be good enough for injecting the Stans sealant or is the injector worth 6?

Rapid tubeless repair kit (weldtite). No question, I've seen one of these in action trailside. agree.gif

Have I forgotten anything? Thanks for any advice

I wouldn't personally bother with the small bottle to carry around - I've never needed extra while out and about and I doubt many other 'Ghetto' users have. Obviously if you aren't going 'Ghetto' there is more chance of the tyre burping (and leaking sealant) so maybe you would need it with that set-up.

The core remover comes with either the Notubes solution or injector (can't remember which). I wouldn't be without the injector having done conversions with and without.

Gareth did a full list a year or so ago on the forum of what's needed for Ghetto. Alternatively, there's a 'how to' on my site here, which is my own interpretation of how to set up and what's needed etc: http://www.benfrain.com/notepad/2008/07/mt...hy-and-how.html

+Quote Post
Gareth
post Aug 8 2008, 10:10 AM
Post #3

Group: Root Admin

I agree, no trailside bottle needed, the injector is a more useful bit of kit, I would get that.

Don't know about a cheaper Presta core remover (although you could probably use a leatherman if you have one in a pinch), you definitely need one trailside as well, I have the ones which are built in to the Schraeder valve cap for 50p eaach from Justridingalong.

The only thing you've forgotten is a compressor! wink.gif

--------------------
Get proper instruction www.mountainbikeinstruction.co.uk

+Quote Post
torihada
post Aug 8 2008, 11:17 PM
Post #4

agree.gif cheers for advice; I'll not bother with little bottle and have plumped for the injector. First run of tubeless on Three Passes next Saturday. smile.gif

--------------------
There do appear to be some hills south of the Trent...
http://www.youtube.com/butahada

+Quote Post
eddie
post Jan 20 2009, 07:10 PM
Post #5

does the injector definately comes with the core remover

+Quote Post
lucien
post Jan 19 2011, 01:51 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(DaGuv @ Jan 19 2011, 01:46 PM) *
...If you insist on spamming, at least do it properly lol.

+ one here banghead.gif

DOUG: Spam and reply quoting spam deleted.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 03:33 AM
Design by: IPB 2.3 Skins & Web Browsers News