IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Posting of weekly rides on the ride calendar, An observation.
Orange Al
post Sep 14 2008, 03:53 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Just had a look at the upcoming rides section and it appears that Steveleic has posted a weekly meet on the calendar, though it is not too much of an issue it just makes looking for upcoming rides more difficult.
I'm wondering if it is possible to not have weekly rides displayed in this section as if a few more weeklys were added it would get quite confusing or to ask if the poster could doctor it to show it only once ie make one ride in 90 days time for Weekly Rutland ride. Or just advertise it in your post signature.

This is just an observation and my opinion and I have no intention of upsetting anyone so please feel free to me where to go if you think this is out of order.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
joiner
post Sep 14 2008, 04:23 PM
Post #2

I argee with the above rolleyes.gif

Glynn

--------------------

------------------------------------
try it...ya just might like it.......

glynn walker-obrien

+Quote Post
SteveLeic
post Sep 14 2008, 05:33 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(joiner @ Sep 14 2008, 05:23 PM) *
I argee with the above rolleyes.gif
Glynn

+1 agree.gif

It does seem daft that every event is listed regardless of date, perhaps recurring events could be stickied somehow in the new rides section? I'm happy to remove it and add it into my signature if thats the best solution.

No worries Al, you'll have to do better to upset me mate tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Gareth
post Sep 14 2008, 06:53 PM
Post #4

Group: Root Admin

Don't do anything yet, if we're going to have recurring events the forthcoming events section will have to work better than that (or not show them at all). I've PM'd Bobosola who will be along to advise shortly I'm sure. beer.gif

--------------------
Get proper instruction www.mountainbikeinstruction.co.uk

+Quote Post
bobosola
post Sep 14 2008, 09:45 PM
Post #5

Group: Root Admin

OK, I've blocked recurring events from showing in the home page 'Forthcoming Calendar Events in 90 days' listing, but added them into the 'New Rides' page. Seems a reasonable compromise to me unless Gareth thinks otherwise?

Only fly in the ointment is that the system records recurring events as one single event on the start date with a flag to say how often it recurs - this means that there can only ever be one rider list for the whole series which is liable to get increasingly inaccurate as time passes.

--------------------

+Quote Post
joiner
post Sep 15 2008, 06:07 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(bobosola @ Sep 14 2008, 10:45 PM) *
OK, I've blocked recurring events from showing in the home page 'Forthcoming Calendar Events in 90 days' listing, but added them into the 'New Rides' page. Seems a reasonable compromise to me unless Gareth thinks otherwise?

Only fly in the ointment is that the system records recurring events as one single event on the start date with a flag to say how often it recurs - this means that there can only ever be one rider list for the whole series which is liable to get increasingly inaccurate as time passes.

worship.gif worship.gif worship.gif worship.gif worship.gif

Glynn

--------------------

try it...ya just might like it.......

glynn walker-obrien

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 09:15 PM
Design by: IPB 2.3 Skins & Web Browsers News