Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PEAKS XMAS SPECIAL SAT 20TH DEC
MTB Britain > Mountain Biking > Ride Details
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
1gearnoidea
YO HO HOOOO!! ok folks its that time of year again....so this year were planning on doing our xmas ride slightly earlier..on sat 20th dec..route is a shortened hope valley circuit of 21 miles..tis a good run this...

meeting at woodbine cafe (hope) at 9.30 for a 10am start....mince pies/apple pies again!!..but dont let the witch at cafe see u lol

MERRY XMAS TO ALL
Bernard
Don't do mince or apple pies, but will bring some yuletide log.
joiner
Works do on the 19th so im 90% sure i wont be there.......

Glynn
db(UK)
Room for a Rookie....?
richy rich
My works do is the 19th as well but I don't think ill be out to late so may be up for this.
Big Pete
enjoyed the sneaky peak ride on thurday so much that i'll be there. stupidlyhappy.gif
1gearnoidea
QUOTE(joiner @ Nov 22 2008, 06:49 PM) *
Works do on the 19th so im 90% sure i wont be there.......
Glynn

dont drink..simple..u can enjoy urself on diet coke( i do) lol..would be a shame for u to miss it glynn worship.gif
Speedy Al
I have 2 do's on the 19th haha somebody messed with the calender, almost positive the 20th will not even exist stupidlyhappy.gif
Bernard
QUOTE(Speedy Al @ Nov 23 2008, 01:17 PM) *
I have 2 do's on the 19th haha somebody messed with the calender, almost positive the 20th will not even exist stupidlyhappy.gif

Thought you were hibernating

mtb*dog
maybe think.gif

might have to scrounge a lift matt, suggs or pete??
joiner
Whats the route you are taking on this ride dry.gif

Glynn
1gearnoidea
glynn u remember when you me mark and nigel did this starting from hathersage? and me and nigel left you and mark at 20 odd miles...well its a diff version of that starting from hope m8., and we miss the long causeway out!! .mark has the full route in mind..im just the event planner lol..
Suggsey
Will be there mate, so long as the start time aint too late as I have got to be back home dressed and smelling nice to be out for dinner by 6.30pm-suppose that will mean no walking on any of the route for me icon_redface.gif
joiner
QUOTE(lee67 @ Nov 23 2008, 04:31 PM) *
glynn u remember when you me mark and nigel did this starting from hathersage? and me and nigel left you and mark at 20 odd miles...well its a diff version of that starting from hope m8., and we miss the long causeway out!! .mark has the full route in mind..im just the event planner lol..

Yep the Hope Valley Circuit.......................wondered who's the brains were behind this event tee hee innocent.gif

Will see how i feel on this one after works do......

Glynn
ste68
hi
im up for that if u dont mind another rolleyes.gif
1gearnoidea
QUOTE(ste68 @ Nov 23 2008, 05:36 PM) *
hi
im up for that if u dont mind another rolleyes.gif

by all means m8....
Tuffty
sad.gif working
Nick.b
not sure about this one mate think.gif my works do is on the 19th as well Party_fest30.gif will try my best to make it though agree.gif
Fireman Sam
QUOTE(joiner @ Nov 23 2008, 04:18 PM) *
Whats the route you are taking on this ride dry.gif
Glynn

Just misses out the Stanage edge loop behind Hathersage which is another 7.5 miles. So start at Hope and join it up Pin Dale then After Aston nip across the road and up Shatton Moor and back round to the start. Would be nice to do the whole loop, especially the climb up the causeway but the days are short now and with the social Xmasy crack it would be pushing it especially with a possible short stop in Edale. think.gif

22 miles and 3850ft of climbing.
Nigel
No go for me on that day.... angry.gif
Mick
QUOTE(pikie1pike @ Nov 23 2008, 10:26 PM) *
22 miles and 3850ft of climbing.

That's only 1174 metres, sounds soooo much easier in metres laugh.gif

1gearnoidea
can i just add..that this date was suggested to me, as its a free day for some of our forum regular riders, ...obviously we cant please everyone..but if anyone else wants to organise something else/diff day..then go ahead..i,ll sit back and leave it to someone else dry.gif
Nigel
humbug whistling.gif

I guess that was a jibe at me for winging about the date...probably deserved, but the xmas ride was suggested by me in another thread but posted without discussing a date first....so tongue.gif

bring the pain roadie biggrin.gif
Jonathan
yipeeeeee

I'll be there and singing jingle bells all the way!
richy rich
Do we all have to wear santa suites.
Ranjan
Lee,

I am in for this on as well; might be bringing a friend.

Ranjan.
Bernard
QUOTE(richy rich @ Nov 24 2008, 06:42 PM) *
Do we all have to wear santa suites.

Just Santa hats for the group photo for next years calendar (idea for charidee???)
Big Pete
QUOTE(mtb*dog @ Nov 23 2008, 03:46 PM) *
maybe think.gif

might have to scrounge a lift matt, suggs or pete??

we'll sort something out agree.gif
bodge
QUOTE(Bernard @ Nov 24 2008, 07:06 PM) *
Just Santa hats for the group photo for next years calendar (idea for charidee???)

As in Santa hats and nothing else?
Fireman Sam
QUOTE(bodge @ Nov 24 2008, 08:26 PM) *
As in Santa hats and nothing else?

Oh yes...........and can we beat each other with nettles stupidlyhappy.gif Oh no.........we'll have to wait for summer to do that. icon_redface.gif
1gearnoidea
im game if jacqui is wub.gif
Fireman Sam
Actually she's off so I'll see if she can come agree.gif
Jonathan
QUOTE(pikie1pike @ Nov 24 2008, 09:22 PM) *
Actually she's off so I'll see if she can come agree.gif

SWOON

*donk*

(me falling onto the floor)
O wait she has a boyfriend.... disgusted.gif
joiner
QUOTE(lee67 @ Nov 24 2008, 12:39 PM) *
can i just add..that this date was suggested to me, as its a free day for some of our forum regular riders, ...obviously we cant please everyone..but if anyone else wants to organise something else/diff day..then go ahead..i,ll sit back and leave it to someone else dry.gif

This could be a good idea Lee a ride for the folks who cant make this date think.gif

For those who cant make this ride please pm me and we'll see what we can sort out dance.gif

Glynn
Bernard
QUOTE(pikie1pike @ Nov 24 2008, 11:07 PM) *
Oh yes...........and can we beat each other with nettles stupidlyhappy.gif Oh no.........we'll have to wait for summer to do that. icon_redface.gif

Wrong forum Mark. It the chasenettlebeatingpervs.com that you wanted.

I'd strip for charity, and Jaqui could take the photo, see what comes up innocent.gif
Nigel
Having spoken to a few of the 'regulators' whistling.gif it seems the 30th maybe a good date...

I am free all that week apart from boxing day....and may even play out twice!

Have Pm'd you Glynn.

PS - I would like to publicly apologise for being a sarky git yesterday, no offence was intended, was simply trying to make a point whilst maintaining a sense of humour about it. wink.gif
Suggsey
Hey Nigel, careful mate or you will be banished to one of those'other forums' that we all deserted tongue.gif
Its just great to see so many other riders still up for riding year round as we do seem to loose alot to the sofa or that skiing mularchy naughty.gif
Fireman Sam
Put me down as plus 1 Lee agree.gif

QUOTE(Suggsey @ Nov 25 2008, 10:33 PM) *
............................ to the sofa or that skiing mularchy naughty.gif

Nothing wrong with throwing yourself down the side of a mountain on a couple of planks of wood wacko.gif Only marginally more stupid than riding a mountain bike.
1gearnoidea
nice one mark, would that be WHO I THINK IT IS wub.gif
Fireman Sam
think.gif ................................................................

agree.gif
Fireman Sam
Ok. After todays ride in those si..y conditions I've re jigged this route. It was to be essentially todays route the other way round and included Shatton Moor which we ditched today. Also after Matt's off and resulting early departure he and Suggs missed kamikaze and the Pin Dale sections.

Meet at Hope as planned for 9.30. There's a bit more road parking round by the church if there's no room outside Woodbine.

Warm up the legs through Castleton to the broken road and then over to Pin Dale. Round to Bradwell and down and round to Ladybower and along the edge of the res. Up Wooler Knoll and finish with Hope drop-in. There's a bit of road work to link these sections but at least it will be ok what ever the weather and it should be quite a flowing ride.

Will be about 20 miles but the road sections will eat some of this and about 3400ft of descending.
pauly
I should be free for this one, not ridden in the peaks before either.
Bernard
Should still be ok for this one. Back and shoulder still giving me jip, but knees should ok.
You won't be able to miss me as I will be stinking of Ralgex.
1gearnoidea
and i,ll be rigid by then...forks gone today....an host of new bits on there way stupidlyhappy.gif
Bernard
Who knows what I wil be on whistling.gif
1gearnoidea
cough yeti cough.....sellout rolleyes.gif
Big Pete
QUOTE(Bernard @ Dec 9 2008, 09:14 PM) *
Who knows what I wil be on whistling.gif

sounds like you're playing with your spanners?? think.gif

Bernard
When it arrives I will be stupidlyhappy.gif
Mick
I might, I say just might bring my new SS project unsure.gif
Bernard
How about you bring the wife's latest project with chocolate chips in it whistling.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.