Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Missing images
MTB Britain > Other Stuff > Website
Bernard
Looking through the gallery I noticed that some of the pictures that I put on have gone. Has there been an problem? Admitted they were of me jumping and its not a nice sight. Just wondered.
Doug
QUOTE('Gallery')
Please be aware that we want to keep the quality of the images in the gallery high. Pick your better mountain biking photographs and upload those. Photos of components or other items should really be restricted to forum discussions and not included here.

I have performed a long overdue appraisal of photo's within gallery according to the gallery rules above. Recently the quality of photo's being posted has deteriorated, just check the first few pages of photo's. Photo's can also be posted into 'Private' albums within the gallery that can then be linked to within the forum for use in forum topics, the relevant ride topic for after ride banter and blog's.

Your co-operation is much appreciated.
bobosola
QUOTE(Doug @ Mar 8 2008, 02:32 PM) *
Photo's can also be posted into 'Private' albums within the gallery that can then be linked to within the forum for use in forum topics, the relevant ride topic for after ride banter and blog's.

Coming soon..... I'm in the middle of doing an 'image tagger' facility. The idea is that a photo owner will be able to 'tag' a photo to a forum ride via a simple drop-down selection list. Each member will have their own photos in their own albums as at present, but there will also be a 'Ride Photos' menu which let us pick a ride then see all the 'tagged' images for that ride.

The image owner will be able to tag an image thus:

and untag it thus:

The idea is that it gives a sort of one-stop shop for us to view photos of a forum ride ride rather than have to trawl through all the individual member albums. Tagging is easy to do, but the tricky bit is unpicking the current album code to slot in the new mod for displaying all tagged images. Nothing is cast in stone yet, so I'm more than happy to build in any ideas/thoughts/suggestions to improve it in any way!
Bernard
Sounds good.
Doug
Would it be possible for tagged photo's in private gallery's that don't show up in the forum gallery header except for the author to be visible to everyone only when searched for via the tags. Sounds like a lot of hard work but would be worth it for those occasions when you've photographed 10 riders doing the same section and don't want to offend anyone but don't want 10 versions of essentially the same phot going into the main gallery.
Gareth
The idea is that it gives a sort of one-stop shop for us to view photos of a forum ride ride rather than have to trawl through all the individual member albums. Tagging is easy to do, but the tricky bit is unpicking the current album code to slot in the new mod for displaying all tagged images. Nothing is cast in stone yet, so I'm more than happy to build in any ideas/thoughts/suggestions to improve it in any way!

Oh pleeease! pray.gif

A link from the rides attended or ride history would be great too (we had something similar on the old forum except you had to manually add a code to the picture description so it wasn't as refined as your proposal).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.